Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Video rotation on live view in approtation error, GoPro App for Android

[ New ]

I have a Galaxy Tab Active Pro.

When using it with the GoPro app to get a live view of the footage I cannot lock the rotation in landscape mode. Also I would say it will not behave properly when using auto rotate.

If I have auto rotation on, the video view will stay in landscape mode as long as I have the tablet upright. If I lay the tablet down with it's back on the table (or already somewhere at little above 45 degrees) the video will rotate as if the tablet is held in portrait mode and I get a small image of the video that is 90 degree rotated.

If I use the tablets function to lock rotation in landscape mode I still get the video as if I'm holding the tablet in portrait mode. Same thing (as expected) if I lock the tablet in portrait mode.

All other apps handle auto rotate and landscape/portrait mode locking as expected.

Known issue? Anything I can do about this? My application of the GoPro consists of needing the live view while in a boat so the rotation not working as expected is kind of a deal breaker :/

Regards,
Peter

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Video rotation on live view in approtation error, GoPro App for Android

[ New ]

Hello, @wamp32. This could be because the GoPro app is not supported for tablets. See compatibility information here

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Video rotation on live view in approtation error, GoPro App for Android

[ New ]

Hello, @wamp32. This could be because the GoPro app is not supported for tablets. See compatibility information here