Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Video not coming up on the app

I have a Moto G6 and a go pro hero 7 black, when i take a video or photo on the go pro it wont come up on the app but it will come up on the actual go pro,  it will only come up on the app if i take a video through it. it has worked before, it started doing this when I took a file from the SD card on the computer because it was too big to send through to my computer on email. I renamed one or two videos but now no new videos come up on the app even if i didnt rename them. When i take the video straight from the SD card the quality of the video is not that great but when i take the video on the app and then dowload on my phone the quality is better but i cant send the video from my phone to my computer because it is too big for email, so is there a go pro app on windows computer?

So in conclusion what i am asking is why is it not coming up on my phone and how do i fix it, and how do i get the full quality video on my pc without taking it straight from the SD card because i think the quality of the video is like a pre veiw state.

Many thanks Alastair 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Video not coming up on the app

Hi @lithestar28020

What SD card are you using?

Does this happen only to older files already on the SD card?

See if formatting the SD card on the camera will help.

Make sure to back up any important files before proceeding.

If it's still the same, try resetting the camera to its factory settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Video not coming up on the app

@lithestar28020 

Hi,

Can you check for me in the GoPro App / Settings / Preferences > Auto-Offload. Is it on or off?

When Auto-offload is on, when you shoot new media and your GoPro is on then it should automatically send those media to your GoPro App. Like you go on the Feed tab page (the page right next to the camera page) which you drag and drop and it should download the latest footage.
Can you tell me how it is for you?