Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Video draft on quik app crash

Hello
This is the 5th time i am creating a video with quik app by mounting different videos and photo. And for the 5th time the draft video is crashwd. I cannot open it... it is really frustrating, hours and hours lost.. does someone have a solution to restore the draft video in order to continue it? Thank you all in advance
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Video draft on quik app crash

Hi @deftpike7123

What phone are you using?

Do you have your phone and the app both up to date?

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I have an honor 8. Both phone and app are update to the last software version. But the app works properly... it crashes casually without any sign. Th draft is stille there. Is it possible to restore it so it can be opened again?
Highlighted
Tourist

Hello all, 

I have the same problem. But I would like to add also that for 3 days now, i can`t do anything in quik app. 

- I have the required storage space and I don`t think that my phone is having any trouble. It is a LG G7 so it`s powerfull. 

The problems are:

1. When I try to save a video it crashes at 92%, 94%, 95%... This is really frustrating because I try endless to save it and I have tried everything on this forum and nothing works.... 

2. Sometimes when I open quik, it crashes instantly, but nothing systematical, only sometimes without a rule or something

3. When I try to open my draft, it also crashes

4. When I try to open the 24h quik it also crashes.... 

The most annoying thing is about saving the video, it`s not long, it has 1:02 minutes... 

The app is also at the latest update... Any info? Any tip for me? Because i think I am wasting my time with this app. :)) 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @lullu05 . Which version of the Quik for mobile app do you have on your phone? If you haven't yet, try creating an entirely new video just within Quik (not using Quik Stories or saved drafts) and see if the crash will still occur. Let us know what you find out. We will watch out for your response. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello...
I found the solution this morning.. i am glad to see that you confirmed it.
@lullu05, this morning i created a new draft video, a completely new one. The creation of a new project, help someway to fix the other creshed video. I restored my crashed video perfectly, now they works.
Try in this way and let us know if it works also for you
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for sharing! @deftpike7123

We'll also share this to the team.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello all, 

@deftpike7123 thank you for the confirmation of the solution because I have tried this morning and it works! :D 

Thank you all for support and info. One happy user here :D