Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Upload to iPhone without wireless

[ New ]

Is it possible to upload video captured on my Hero 8 to my iPhone without killing my batteries? I understand it takes 3 batteries to shoot 50gig of video but why do I have to kill three more batteries to upload the videos to my iPhone so that I can use the GoPro app? It is time consuming and wasteful. Is there a way to move the files from memory card to the iPhone??

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Upload to iPhone without wireless

[ New ]

Hello, @dt63. Importing files from the camera to your phone can only be done through the GoPro App. If you have a GoPro Subscription though, you can upload your media directly from the camera to the Cloud via auto upload, then access these media using your computer or your phone when you need them. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @dt63. Importing files from the camera to your phone can only be done through the GoPro App. If you have a GoPro Subscription though, you can upload your media directly from the camera to the Cloud via auto upload, then access these media using your computer or your phone when you need them. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought that might be the case. Whether uploading files to the phone or the cloud, both depend on the batteries, which I would like to spare if given the chance.