Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Updated to iOS 14 and now the app can't connect with my Hero 3 Black

[ New ]

Everything was working smoothly last week, then I updated my iPhone 11 to iOS14 and now the app can't find my Hero3 Black. I have tried forgetting the network (Hero3 uses only wifi to connect), I have reinstalled the app, reinstalled GoPro firmware and wifi settings, and tried all the wifi settings on the gopro itself. The app just says it can't connect with it and I should reconnect to the wifi. I think it has something to do with the wifi connection itself, because it takes 4-5 times to get the phone to connect to the gopros wifi. Anyone else have the same issue?

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Updated to iOS 14 and now the app can't connect with my Hero 3 Black

[ New ]
I’ve been having the same issues with the iOS 14. Found this to work:

Settings > GoPro > Enable Local Network

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]
Yes I have 2 GoPro hero 3 blacks and they both will not connect after updating to ios14. They are both on the latest firmware and we’re working fine before the update 3 day’s ago !

Sightseer

[ New ]
I have the same problem with a Hero 3 Silver. Was working last wee before iOS 14 update on my iphone X S max. Now can’t connect to camera wifi
Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue.   Have tried with an iPhone and iPad.  Same results with IOS 14.

Also noticed someone else in another thread having the same issue and one of the admin's suggested the following.  However, I tried all of that and nothing works still.

Then, I have some troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 
Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue. Obviously you are not alone here.

I am able to connect about 40% of the time after IOS 14 update an never able to monitor anymore.

Nothing works. I have HERO 3 which is supposed to work and show preview etc.

Have tried wipe all (both app and connection) and re-start/re-install with zero real sucess...still 40% or less sucessful connection and view if that.

I have gotten all to work as it is supposed to with iPhone 6 (no iOS 14). SO FAR OK, but I have little faith in Gopro anymore.

It is doubtful GoPro support will offer any help...this is a 6+ year old device and they are obvioulsy only interested in signing you up for their cloud storage solution and/or selling more hardware...certainly not interested in helping loyal customers out. 

No wonder the competition are eating their lunch (DJI) for sometime time now.

Tourist

[ New ]
Clearly a problem with the new iOS. Be nice if GoPro even responded !
Sightseer

[ New ]

Having the same problem after iOS 14 upgrade. Please GoPro let us know you are working on the problem.  Thanks

Sightseer

[ New ]
my HERO6 BLACK also has this same problem, after I upgraded to IOS14.