Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Unsupported Media

[ New ]

Hi, I took a few timelapse videos of work on a patio and wanted to use the GoPro app to edit them together. However, there is one particular file which I can not use; it flashes up saying it's unsupported media. The media it says is unsupported is 4k, 360 and 4:3, but my video is none. It is 1080, Timelapse and 16:9- like the 5 other clips I can use! Any ideas on why this has happened and how to make it usable? Many thanks, Alex

IMG_20200605_235338.jpg
GoPro

Re: Unsupported Media

[ New ]

Hello, @alexrubsc. Are you able to playback the media that is in question? Is this already saved on the app? What is the actual error message that you get on the app? 

Have you tried creating a clip with just the media that is tagged unusable? Start with it and another clip (not all five clips at once) and see how it goes. 

Please also provide us information on the phone model that you are using, the OS it is running on, as well as the version of the app that is installed on your phone. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya, thank you for getting back to me.

I can playback the media both on the camera and it has saved to the cloud, where I can also play it back.

I have attached a screenshot of the error message.

I have tried creating a clip with two videos (Day 2 of the project)- the one that is tagged unusable and one that works fine. The other three I used in a preious clip (Day 1 of the project).

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 running off Anroid Pie (9). The version on the GoPro app is 6.14.

Many thanks!

SmartSelect_20200605-234610_GoPro.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @alexrubsc

Would you be able to record another file using the same settings?

See if the same will happen.

Also, if you have access to another phone, try transferring the file via the GoPro app and see if the same is observed.

Thanks!

Ej