Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Unable to upload video to phone

[ New ]

Hi guys ,

Just bought a GoPro Hero 8 and still in phase of exploring camera and app .

Still problem occurs when I'm trying to download video to my phone gallery. To be more precise there is a certain error and app sends notification : ''Let's try again. There was a problem preparing your video. Video was filmed in 2.7K resolution and lasts 49 seconds. 

I filtered it and I am unable to upload it to phone. Interestingly when I decide to save orginal video without any adjustments in some cases it works and in some I still can't do it.

My espace from this problem was shooting multiple mini videos and merging it in the story which then can be transferred/saved to phone gallery.

Neverthless , I still cannot figure out why I am unable to save video with filters and what should I do to make that happen.

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Unable to upload video to phone

[ New ]

Hello, @graycliff47886. There is information on the phone system requirements for HEVC in the article HEVC Explained. See if your phone meets the requirements. 

Have you been able to go through the recommended troubleshooting steps? How did it go? Which changes have you been able to test on the edits? 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @graycliff47886. Which phone are you using, and which OS is it running on? Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? See if these troubleshooting steps will help. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi ,

I'm using Huawei P30 Lite with Hisilicon Kirin 710 procesor and 10 version of Android system. Is it possible that phone does not support these 4k videos , what are my options besides buying new one?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @graycliff47886. There is information on the phone system requirements for HEVC in the article HEVC Explained. See if your phone meets the requirements. 

Have you been able to go through the recommended troubleshooting steps? How did it go? Which changes have you been able to test on the edits?