Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Unable to transfer media from GoPro hero 7 black to iOS app on iPad

[ New ]

When I open the app and search for new media the app says there is none, my GoPro connects fine to the app and I can control my GoPro through the app. Can anyone offer any advice?

GoPro

Re: Unable to transfer media from GoPro hero 7 black to iOS app on iPad

[ New ]

Hello @greenshore53771. Please try to close and relaunch the app. If it doesn't help, I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 

Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello
I have the same problem here with a hero 7 black (fw 1.90) and one iPhone 7. App is also up to date...
It always says there’s no new videos or photos.
The only way that I’ve found to upload new data to iPhone, is where we can control the camera there’s also the option to see the media on the GoPro. There I select the day I want to download and it’s done.
There’s the only way I can, in the app, edit the video.
Pity... before were way easier..
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @tikas31

Are you able to access the media via the View Media option?

Can you also help us with the following information:  GoPro App version, phone OS version.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes I am... for me that’s the only way to access my data...
iPhone 7 Plus iOS 13.6
GoPro app 6.17 (3876)
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @tikas31

We'll have this checked further.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello
The “old way”, the app only finds new fotos, the videos don’t...
Sightseer

[ New ]
Hey all, thank you so much for your tips, I tried everything and nothing seemed to work. I could access the videos from plugging the SD card into my laptop. I recorded a quick video on my GoPro to see if that would load via the app, which it did fine so there must have been some corruption with the original videos I was looking to upload.