Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Unable to speed up playback - Hero 8

When I go to the edit function in the App there’s the option to alter the speed of playback - yet the only two options it will let me select are half speed or normal speed, even though the settings show increments for a variety of faster or slower playback speeds. What’s the point of showing 8 playback speeds when only two can be selected!? I film tracking dogs during searches & would like the option to speed up the boring bits during playback, reverting to normal speed at certain times. It happens too quickly to switch between time lapse & normal recording while filming - I don’t understand why it can’t be an option while editing the film for playback. ESPECIALLY because it lists those options- but won’t let me choose them! SO frustrating & pretty ordinary for the cost! Please fix!!!!
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Unable to speed up playback - Hero 8

[ Edited ]

Hello, @avaq. The speed options for playback that are available for a specific media or file depend on the frame rate used for the recording. 

For example, a recording at 240 fps can be slowed to up to 8 times while a recording at 60fps can only be slowed down 2 times (1/2 the original speed).