Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Unable to see 360 content from MAX on the iPhone 8

[ Edited ]

I have ran across very strange issue with the GoPro App on the iPhone 8 while working with my GoPro MAX camera.

It can connect to the camera without any problems, however I am unable to view any sort of 360 spherical content. Nor the 360 live feed from the camera, nor the 360 clips already downloaded from camera to the App.

What is more weird, my friend's exactly same iPhone 8, running same iOS and same version of the GoPro App works without any issue at all! It seems to be some sort of edge case related to my iPhone itself.

I have recorded a short video demonstrating this weird problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMWSKxJbzE

I have tried to restart the iPhone, reinstall the GoPro app etc. - all without luck.

Both iPhones have same versions across the board:

iOS version 13.2.2
GoPro App version 6.2.2
GoPro MAX firmware version 1.3.0

Anyone experienced similar problem? 

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Unable to see 360 content from MAX on the iPhone 8

[ Edited ]

Soution / reason found!

Turned out that gyroscope in my iPhone is broken. When I load a 360 clip in GoPro App, and then turn use the "Turn Gyroscope Off" option in the dropdown options menu, suddenly the clip loads and works just fine.

I still can't see the live feed from camera, as there's no way to disable gyroscope in that particular view, however I know the reason for that now. 

Case is closed.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @adlorenz

If you haven't yet, please try to reset the camera's Wi-Fi information and delete the camera from the app.

Once done, pair the camera again and see if it makes a difference.

You may need to forget the Bluetooth ID on your phone's connection settings.

Since the camera works fine on another phone, it is possible that the issue is on the other phone.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for suggestions. Here's what I did:

- reset connections on the GoPro

- deleted all GoPro Bluetooth IDs on my iPhone's BT settings

- deleted camera from the GoPro App

- uninstalled the GoPro App 

- rebooted the iPhone

- reinstalled the GoPro App

- reconnected to the GoPro MAX

...and the issue still persists. :( 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Soution / reason found!

Turned out that gyroscope in my iPhone is broken. When I load a 360 clip in GoPro App, and then turn use the "Turn Gyroscope Off" option in the dropdown options menu, suddenly the clip loads and works just fine.

I still can't see the live feed from camera, as there's no way to disable gyroscope in that particular view, however I know the reason for that now. 

Case is closed.