Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Unable to join network hero 8

[ New ]
Hi

It seems fine now that I’ve turned off the auto download of new images. Seems to get a connection it couldn’t drop.

I had a weird issue this morning that it wouldn’t turn on and start recording during a commute to work. Tried about 10 times and thought the battery was flat. About an hour later, helmet with camera sitting on my desk at work and suddenly the beeps start and the camera turned on. Nobody had touched It. Been fine since.
GoPro

[ New ]

@johnnyboy8 @sleve01 

Our QA Team is looking into it to see if the auto-upload feature could cause some issues.

Hiker

[ New ]
Is there any fix for this as it’s four months later and I’m having the exact same issue with my new Hero8
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @caesium. If you have already gone through the suggested steps and the issue still persists even with the latest app version, please let our Support team know. If you have already reached out to them before, you may use the same case number that you were provided for easy reference. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I've encountered the same issue with my combination of Hero 8 Black and Iphone X, all updated to latest firmaware and OS versions. The issue can be always replicated by starting a RTMP livestream, and then connecting to the mobile hotspot on the same phone.

The livestream works as expected, but after ending it, the app and the cameras are no longer able to connect to each other until forcing the phone to forget the bluetooth connection to the camera, and removing the camera from the app, and adding it as a new device again. Sometimes this requires the further step of rebooting both devices and/or factory reseting the Hero 8 Black.

This also seems to occur after livestreaming via separate wifi network. The connection between the app and the camera cannot be established again afterwards, but this time restarting the camera seems to be enough to fix the issue,

So basically this seems to occur when using the same phone you first control the camera with, as a mobile hotspot. Also livestreaming in general seems to disrupt the app to camera connection in general after ending the stream. At least with this device combination.