Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Unable to join network hero 8

[ New ]
I constantly have to delete my camera and re-add it. I can see the camera is found in the camera view, I click on control or view media and it asks if I want to join the network. I accept and it pops up 10 seconds later saying unable to join the network then carries on trying to connect before giving troubleshooting. I then have to reset the network on the hero 8 and delete the camera from Bluetooth on the iPhone XS Max then delete the camera in the app and re-add it and set it up again for auto upload. I thought it was maybe just an issue at home as it was trying to join my network to auto upload but it does the same at work. It’s a pain as I need to clear out some video as the camera storage is almost full but it takes 5 mins of deleting and re-adding.

I have to do this after every almost every connection.

I am up to date on firmware and app version as well as software version on the iPhone.

The camera was purchased during Black Friday but not opened until Christmas day.

It’s at the stage I’m considering returning it because it’s so frustrating.

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Unable to join network hero 8

[ New ]
I’ve had to delete the camera from the app and from Bluetooth and reset connections on the camera every day which is my issue but seems more stable now that I’ve turned off auto upload.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@johnnyboy8 Sorry about that, I had the issue with my iPhone X -

I would suggest to try to : delete app install again (save all media if you need to because it wipes all data) / then factory reset on camera / phone restart.

I don't have this problem anymore now, maybe this could help you. Let me know.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, thanks for the suggestion I factory reset the camera that worked for a day. Back to not connecting again. I’m wondering if it’s related to auto offload. I have a couple of huge files on the camera that aren’t on the phone. All was fine this morning and it started downloading but I had to pop out with my phone for something and when I came back the camera was off and I’ve been unable to connect since. I’ve turned this feature off. I’ll delete and re-add it again and see how that goes. I’ll remove the large files as they are in the cloud now.

I’ve also downloaded a newer version of the GoPro app released yesterday.
GoPro

[ New ]

So personnally I connect to my HERO8 then I choose View Media select and download that way - I don't use auto-upload so I'm sure I just pick what I want.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sounds like you'll need to delete your GoPro Wifi and Bluetooth entries from the iPhone's settings. Try to connect to the camera again. It'll highly likely work.

Let us know!
aarlekk

Tourist

[ New ]
I’ve had to delete the camera from the app and from Bluetooth and reset connections on the camera every day which is my issue but seems more stable now that I’ve turned off auto upload.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I've the exact same problem

Gopro 8 Black - last firmware

Iphone X with last version of ios

Gopro app with the last update

Same behavior, when I want to connect to my gopro, the app said it's not able to connect, when I check on Wifi network, when I want to manually connect to the Gopro, it said that the password is not correct. So I enter the correct password from the Gopro, i'm able to connect in the app, If I switch off the gopro and close the app, switch on the gopro and then want to connect with the App, same problem "not able to connect", password incorrect.

Already did a factory reset of the Gopro, Also "Forget" Gopro in bluetooth and Wifi, removed the camera from the app, did all the steps again, always the same problem.

Regards,

Maxime

GoPro

[ New ]

@sleve01, sorry to hear about the trouble. There are some troubleshooting steps at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the problem. 

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.