Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Unable to Share video from Quik app externally

[ New ]
Hi, I'm pretty new to the quik app. But I cant for the life of me find a way to share any edited videos from the app. I edit a video hit share button and it thinks for a second, flashes then nothing....
I've reinstalled the app, subscribed to Quik, made several different videos all about 5min long.
For some reason I can save the raw video off my camera to the app then share it. But as soon as I do any editing to it I can't get it outside of the app?
Please help.

I'm using a GoPro Hero 7 black and Android phone with the latest Quik version downloaded today.
Tourist

Re: Unable to Share video from Quik app externally

[ New ]
Update: it seems to be when I change the video to 16:9 ratio frame. I can edit and share or export video if I keep it 4:3 but if I change to 16:9 (which is what I want). I can't share the video? Anyone know why? I've been messing with this app for hours!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kornchip

Thanks for the details shared.

What phone are you using?

Do you still remember the original resolution these videos were recorded in?

I was not able to replicate this. I did a couple of test edits using a Huawei P30, Quik 8.7 version.

If you haven't yet, please try the steps on GoPro Quik: How to Resolve Crashing or Freezing Issues

If it's still the same, please send us a screenshot/recording of the error.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Im using a Huawei P30, Quik Version 8.7.

Original videos were shot in 2.7k 30fps in 4:3

Ive since changed the frame to film in 16:9 on the camera settings as I made a mistake when doing the setup.

As soon as I try to change the frame in Quik to 16:9 it wont let me share or do anything with it. If I keep it 4:3 I can edit and share like normal. There is no error that comes up either. I hit the share button it does the grey/blue thinking circles for a couple of seconds and then goes back to the editing screen like nothing happened. The video is just stuck in the app if I change it to 16:9 inside the app.

Its a shame as I really wanted to use the videos and with a 4:3 frame I feel like they just arent the same to view.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the details. @kornchip

The previous test I did was a multi-clip edit.

I was able to replicate this on a single clip edit. 

Recordings on 1440/30 4:3 do not seem to have this issue.

We'll post back for updates.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, this was only one clip. As far as editing all I did was trim the start and end, added a filter to adjust the color and change the frame to 16:9.
It let me do everything apart from the frame change.
Thanks
GoPro

[ New ]
@kornchip
Thanks a bunch for finding this mean nasty bug! So I've investigated and apparently it happens with 4:3 media and if you choose format 16:9 or 9:16.
I have reported this bug for the team to fix!

Thank you :)