Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Unable to Access Camera and control it or download files from it through app

Hello @superstorm25775 and @cashrichpinoy. Try this, if you haven't yet. Reset camera to default following steps here . This is not the same as merely resetting the Wi-Fi name and password. After resetting the camera to default, pair it with the phone again following the steps detailed in the article Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Unable to Access Camera and control it or download files from it through app

Thank you @mariustanya , Tried that already but still I get the same issue, I cant connect to the gopro app in my Samsung A50 phone, The weird thing is that it will connect using other phones or tablet except for the Samsung A50, there seems to be a problem with compatibility with connecting the Hero 7 to the Samsung A50. I hope the guys from Go Pro can figure out the issue and deploy a solution soon. Thanks everyone for the support.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. 

We would like to check back with you to see if you are already able to connect your A50 device to the camera via GoPro App. Based on the description of the problem, our team finds that the issue is associated with Wi-Fi connectivity. Similar to Network Rating Provider, some Smart Wi-Fi implementations categorize the Wi-Fi networks broadcast by your GoPro camera as having poor signal. Because of this, certain Smart Wi-Fi features need to be disabled. Follow these instructions to do so:

1. Disable “Smart Network Switch” or “Auto Network Switch” from the phone’s Wi-Fi settings.
  2. Go to: Wi-Fi Settings > Advanced > Disable “Smart Network Switch” or “Auto Network Switch.”

We would love to hear back from you. Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello, thanks for your response but this is not a solution of the problem.
Already tried this.
On Samsung A50 this setting is called Intelligent wifi.
If you try to connect with this setting on Gopro app notifies you that tou need to turn this option off.

Problem is still here and connection between Gopro and Samsung A50 could not be established
Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

Phones that have "Intelligent wifi", "Smart Network Switch" or "Auto Network Switch", etc., need to have these features turned OFF. When the camera connects, the phone recognizes that there is no internet connection available and so it switches off from the cameras connection. These settings should be turned off prior to trying to connect the app to the camera. Be sure to clear any previous instances of the camera from the WiFi listing and Bluetooth connections. Factory Reset the camera, go to the app settings in the phone and clear the apps cache and storage, and then try again as a new device connection. Also, be sure to try with both the 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz connections on the camera. Hopefully this will work.

Highlighted
Tourist

"Intelligent wifi", "Smart Network Switch" or "Auto Network Switch are always turned off on the phone. I had done reset to the camera and phone. The only thing that i haven't done is to change 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz band because i don't have option to change camera wifi band in menus. I know that some cameras have this option but my doesn't (preferences-connections-wifi band). Please advise me how to enable this menu. I had already tried with manual update of gopro 7 black firmware.
Highlighted
Explorer

Hmmm, from HERO7 Black manual (page 59) https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero7-black/manuals/HERO7Black_UM_ENG_REVC.pdf
Change the Wi-Fi band to 2.4GHz if your device or region does not
support 5GHz.
1. Swipe down to access the Dashboard.
2. Tap Preferences > Connections > Wi-Fi Band.
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes i know but on my camera that option in menu is missing.
Do you want me to take pictures from camera menu to show that Wifi band option is missing?
If you have solution tell me how to enable it.