Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: Unable to Access Camera and control it or download files from it through app

Hi @toughvista41542

We hear your concerns and can assure you that we're working on full support for your Android device and many others in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Unable to Access Camera and control it or download files from it through app

Hi.

I'm unable to connect my Gopro hero 7 black and Samsung A50 through wifi.

I have tried all possible solutions.

Both are updated to the latest firmware.

Please help.

GoPro

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @hardystar80675. Is this the first time you're connecting HERO7 Black camera with your Samsung A50? Or has it worked before and it just stopped connecting recently?

I also want to make sure that we don't miss any potential troubleshooting step here, aside from updating all devices, have you already tried resetting the Wi-Fi connections?

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.

To narrow this further, have you also tested connecting the camera to a different mobile device (iOS 11 or newer and Android 6.0.1 or later)?

There are also some information here that might help: Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

Kind Regards,
Ann

Tourist

Im also experiencing same problem connecting to the gopro hero 7 via app on my samsung A50. I can connect without problem using different phone and tablet except for the A50. Any suggestions how to fix it?

Tourist

Ps. I was able to connect to my A50 before. For some reason I can no longer connect today. Also tried tried all the troubleshooting steps but still the same result
Tourist

Yes, @aenriquez . I had tried all of the suggested steps before. Wifi connection could not be established. I'm having Android 9 pie installed on Samsung A50. I had tried with other mobile phones with older OS and connection can be established.
GoPro

Thank you for the update, @hardystar80675. @cashrichpinoy, given all these details and troubleshooting steps already taken, I reckon there might be some sort of settings in Samsung A50 preventing the camera connection.

I'll have this shared to the team in charge and we'll keep everyone posted as soon as we have any further information. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sightseer

Hi, I'm having the same issue and the same error shows up as well but I have a Samsung S8. It was working before and now I can't preview my camera on the app. Please advise.