Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Unable to Access Camera and control it or download files from it through app

Thanks, @fireyboost70141. Let us know how it works for you.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Unable to Access Camera and control it or download files from it through app

Hey.. I tried the other things too but its just not working. It shows connected both on my phone as well as the camera but when i press the button to see remote view or access media on the camera it just doesnt open. And on checking the wifi on my phone it just keeps showing connecting to the Gopro name but doesnt actually connect.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, @fireyboost70141. I understand that you previously used Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime. However, can you please test this out on a different mobile device? This will help us further isolate the issue.

If you get the same result connect your GoPro camera to a different mobile device, please let our Support team know so they can assist you on the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat.

Highlighted
Hiker

I tried to connect it with my mother's phone and it got connected.
But my A50 is still unable to control or access the camera inspite of it saying connected on both the camera as well as the camera.

Also I am unable to reach your team by chat or phone as it says chat is unavailable for me and at whatever time i call on the phone it says we are currently closed.

Can you get someone to contact me from the team via email or phone?
My email is- viralshantilalshah@gmail.com
Phone- +91-7977046113
Highlighted
GoPro

@fireyboost70141, given that it works on other mobile devices but not on your Samsung Galaxy A50, this indicates that there's something or some sort of setting in your mobile phone that's preventing the GoPro camera to get connected.

Also ensure that you have Bluetooth enabled. See if enabling GPS on your phone will make any difference.

Can you please check for any recent software updates on your Galaxy A50 as it may also help?

Highlighted
Hiker

I last updated my A50 yesterday which was a security patch and minor tweaks but it hasn't helped after that too. I checked the bluetooth and GPS both are on along with wifi.
But apparently on checking wifi it just shows as connecting and never really connects. So I somehow feel it is something to do with wifi. As the 5Ghz error too was shown inspite of my phone supporting 5Ghz and there not being any setting on hero 5 black for changing the band.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have exactly the same issue also with a Samsung A50. In my case the camera is a session 5 and my previous mobile (in which the application was working) was a Huawei P10 lite. It seems that there is an issue with this device or with the android 9 pie. Please, keep us updated if someone discover the solution.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same issue with my gopro 5 black and my Samsung A50. I tried all troubleshooting and nothing. I'm sure the problem is with wifi connection from gopro. I really need to fix this problem.