04-24-2019 12:00 PM
Also I am tired of calling the helpline nos available on the website but apparently throughout the 24hrs of the day their office is always closed and also I am not able to start a chat for a new issue on the website as it says "Chat is currently unavailable for you". There is no where to contact for any sort of technical support and I am getting frustrated over this stupid issue!!
04-25-2019 09:58 AM
04-25-2019 10:13 AM
04-25-2019 10:33 AM
@fireyboost70141, typically, the connection issue between camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly:
- Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
- Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history.
- iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.
- Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
- Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings.
- Reboot your mobile device before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.
In addition to this, what's the Android version installed on your mobile device? What exact error message or prompt do you get? Please post back a screenshot of the error.
Let us know how it goes.
04-25-2019 10:56 PM
04-26-2019 10:49 AM
@fireyboost70141, that's correct. The HERO5 Black camera's built-in Wi-Fi frequency is 5GHz and 2.4GHz, b/g/n (dual band with no specific prioritization or option to select the Wi-Fi band).
By the way, do you have the latest version of GoPro App (v5.2.3) installed?
Given that it works on your other mobile device, this could indicate that something in your Samsung Galaxy A50 is preventing the connection. Can you please check for any settings in your phone such as Network Rating Provider and Smart Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi+ (more details at Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues) that might possibly be causing the issue?
Also, here's a couple more suggestions that I want you to test out:
- Toggle Wi-Fi OFF then back ON on the GoPro.
- Make sure you are connected to the camera's Wi-Fi network before opening GoPro App.
- If symptoms persist, please try toggling Airplane mode ON, wait ~10 seconds then turn airplane mode OFF.
- You may also try temporarily disabling cellular data to see if that helps.
Your time and patience throughout this process are very much appreciated.
Let us know how it goes.
04-26-2019 12:20 PM
No the version shows 5.2.2 and that is the latest version available to me on Play Store last updated on 5th Apr 2019