Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Unable to Access Camera and control it or download files from it through app

Eu tenho o mesmo problema depois da última atualização, tenho duas câmeras emparelhadas, 3+ É 7 preta. Quando clico no ícone para entrar na lista das câmeras para controlar as câmeras e configuração das mesmas o aplicativo se fecha. Antes funcionava normalmente com meu samsung S9. Aguardo solução.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Unable to Access Camera and control it or download files from it through app

Hi. Im also face the same problem. Im using samsung A50. Try to connect with my gopro hero 5 black. Im trying looking for solutions here. Ive already follow all the troubleshoot problems by gopro yet still cannot see the video through my gopro app. Seems there is still no soution untill now from gopro site. Pleas update if there is someone know to solve the problem.
Highlighted
Tourist

Guys, please try if the issue was resolved for you. It was for me, with todays update, I can now connect my GoPro to my Phone as it should :)

Highlighted
GoPro

We appreciate you sharing, @boldbluff76322. Great to know that your camera is already connected successfully with the GoPro App. 

For anyone else having issues with the connection, be sure to update your device to its latest OS version, and check your app stores for the latest version of the GoPro App available. Never forget to restart your device after every update.

We have been releasing new versions in the last weeks to fix bugs and improve performance. Let us know if you encounter any more issues. We'd be glad to look into them. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @troopers88. Sorry, we are still working on getting the A50 issue fixed. Please stay tuned in for future updates. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm on an A50 aswell, the recent OS Update seems to have fixed all of the connectivity issues.
Highlighted
Hiker

So after almost 8months of me facing and complaining about this issue I am really happy that my Gopro Hero 5 Black finally connects to my Samsung Galaxy A50.

Samsung have finally released an update that fixes the issue whatever it actually was and Gopro as well have released a software update for the camera.

Steps that worked for me:

1. Install the Nov 2019 system update and security patch on your mobile and update your gopro app on your mobile to the latest version or uninstall and reinstall it.

2. After the system update, disconnect or forget any connections to your gopro from your mobile's settings and factory reset your Gopro camera. I tried only wireless connection reset but it didn't work so I tried factory reset.

3. Try to connect with the camera via the app. If the camera update is available by itself install it or check for camera updates through the app and install the same on your camera. It will shut down and restart a couple of times when installing the update but then it will work fine.

Hope this helps you as well as ever since I posted about this issue there have been more than 86 messages regarding the same issue.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @mariustanya. Thank You so much for you and your team for the solution with the connection to samsung A50. After updated to the latest version of os and my gopro hero black 5. I have no issue with the connection again and the video can be seen well. Well done guys