Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Turning on preview automatically on ios app

Earlier preview used to be turned on automatically, every time I connected the cam to GoPro app on my iPhone. Recently, it has changed to a manual process. There’s a “Enable preview” option that has to be tapped on to start preview. Is there a setting to make this ON by default? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Turning on preview automatically on ios app

Hello, @trijimonr46536. This is intended by design to save energy.Bluetooth control consumes significantly less battery on both the phone and camera. 

Learn more about this through the article What is Bluetooth Connectivity? How Does it Differ From Wi-Fi?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @trijimonr46536. This is intended by design to save energy.Bluetooth control consumes significantly less battery on both the phone and camera. 

Learn more about this through the article What is Bluetooth Connectivity? How Does it Differ From Wi-Fi?

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks @mariustanya for the update. While I understand the benefit of the change, I think it would be better if there was an option in the app/cam to toggle this setting ON or OFF based on user preference.
Highlighted
GoPro

We appreciated the feedback, @trijimonr46536. We'll share the info with the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!