Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Turn OFF stabilization of MAX 360 footage when reframing

I'm trying to reframe and export unstabilized 360 skiing footage but every time I export it's stabilized, as in "world lock" is on.
The video is boring with "wold lock" on
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Turn OFF stabilization of MAX 360 footage when reframing

[ Edited ]

Hi, @samm560 

Could you walk me through your steps, or even maybe share a screencast of what you do?

There is a World Lock button that you can uncheck in the Reframing.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Even when I uncheck the box and reframe it the video renders stabilized. Usually in kinda weird ways. This is the box I'm unchecking before I reframe but it doesn't seem to matter once the video renders. I can drop a full screen record if this isn't clear enough.
Screenshot_20200226-091901_GoPro.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Sure @samm560

It will help if you can share a screen grab/recording.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
GoPro

Indeed the detailed steps with the screencast would help us a lot since we need to reproduce your issue in order to raise the bug.

Basically if I understand you are saying that you deactivate the stabilisation but the rendered video is stabilised anyway? Is that the issue?
Highlighted
GoPro

Working with QA on this, our Team managed to produce the issue, we will raise a bug.
Thank you :)
Highlighted
Tourist

I have been experiencing a similar issue. When exporting videos in equirectangular format to edit in LumaFusion, when turning off World Lock, the EQR video in the camera roll doesn't seem to save the settings applied. In the example I'm referring to, the MAX is mounted to the rear of a car with the car centered in the frame, but in the EQR video with World Lock off, the car can be seen moving to the left and right hand sides of the screen when cornering, and when uploaded to YouTube, the camera always faces forward when cornering instead of following the direction of the car.

I can upload a screen recording of the problem when I get home from work, though Daryl Stimms on the FB user group has reported it to the team a while back, and I have since submitted feedback through the TestFlight beta app system, but received no response.

Scott.

Highlighted
GoPro

@samm560 
I've raised the bug, it should be fixed once we implement the World Lock and Horizon Leveling Controls to Keyframe. Which is planned for 6.9.

@outlawep91 

Daryl did not reproduce the issue on iOS / Mac OS.

I would suggest to join our beta testing community. The current beta on iOS is 6.8 - should come on Android also but not ready yet.
To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first. Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf
I'll add you to our testers' list when it's done.

Beta process:
- iOS: install TestFlight on your device, invitation will come per email
- Android: Open this url on your phone and follow instructions to access the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty

To share feedback and for follow up > ask access to our Beta Testing feedback groups here either:
- iOS GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.ios.beta
OR
- ANDROID GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta
I manage those groups, it's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc...
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger, it's best for me to help users that way.

Anais