Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Trying to set up a stream with GoPro 7

[ Edited ]

The following is done and the following happens:

Turn the GoPro 7 Black on, it tells me to find the GoPro via the app on my phone.

I select add camera on my Iphone - gopro app..

The app searches and finds the GoPro

I start to join the Phone and GoPro. The phone requests Bluetooth pairing..i select 'Pair' - the GoPro beeps

I name GoPro on my phone.

Phone wants to join GoPro wifi network. - I allow

I start to set up a live stream.

Wifi, Data and Hotspot are on yet phone's hotspot is rarely shown under 'connect to network'. when i have tried to connect it doesn't work, 'WE COULDN'T CONNECT YOUR CAMERA TO THIS NETWORK'

The GoPro is not listed under WiFi

Bluetooth is connected to GOPro under 'My Device'

The only way I can get the GoPro back to showing under wifi  is to reset it back to factory setting and wind up back here again each time. After I exit the stream set up "GoPro" wants to join to join the WiFi network of my GoPro 7 but I am told, until I reset the GoPro 7 back to factory settings that the app is unable to join the GoPro 7's network.

Any ideas?

GoPro

Re: Trying to set up a stream with GoPro 7

[ Edited ]

@sharpsand662, please ensure to have the latest version of the app and iOS on your phone installed. Then have your mobile device restarted before attempting to pair the camera with the app again.

If the issue persists, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the issue.

Additionally, make sure that your HERO7 Black camera is updated to the latest firmware version 1.8. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

Tourist

Is there a way to update the app within the app or should I just delete and reinstall it?

I will need to buy a memory card to update the firmware, right?

thanks for the info

Tourist

@aenriquez wrote:

@sharpsand662, please ensure to have the latest version of the app and iOS on your phone installed. Then have your mobile device restarted before attempting to pair the camera with the app again.

Additionally, make sure that your HERO7 Black camera is updated to the latest firmware version 1.8. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article:

Everything has been updated and everything is exactly the same as it was. Any ideas now?

GoPro

Hi @sharpsand662

The app does not have an option to  manually update the camera. 

You would need a computer to complete it.

This step usually corrects any errors that may have been encountered with the previous installation.

Should you need further assistance, please out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej