Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Trying to live stream on YouTube

Haha are you sure that you know what you’re doing?
It’s clearly problem with verification of the app itself for being used to login. Any phone with iOS of this version of the app would throw this error.
Can you, please, try to test YouTube livestream with GoPro app before collecting unneeded information?
Highlighted
GoPro

We are checking on it. We are testing at the moment. We would like to make sure we gather all the details so we can really isolate the source of the trouble. Did you get the same error message that @adroitlift6667 got? We got a red circle icon with an exclamation mark and unable to proceed with live stream. Not getting the same error screen posted. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks, @heroichike47086. We got it, too. We have passed this along to the team and will keep this thread posted. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. We heard back from the team. They were able to successfully stream live to YouTube. To verify, do you have at least 1K subscribers/followers on the YouTube account that you used? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Beyond just livestream, it will not let us--or me anyways--even log in to youtube to upload videos from the GoPro app. Same message as the OP's screenshot. It appears that the app has not been verified through Google. The most recent version of Final Cut Pro X is having the same issue. 

Highlighted
Tourist

It literally showing

"Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

This app has not yen been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign in."

Maybe I'm not wise, but words "disabled for THIS APP" and "THIS APP has not yet been VERIFIED" suggests that something wrong with Verification of the app.

Maybe I think that way because I've tried to use different Google accounts as well as YouTube channels. And even different device to use GoPro app.

And the reason that it shows me this strange, unpredictable text right after I trying to choose which YouTube channel to use ... hmmm ... yes, there is definitely something with my phone or with version of my GoPro. Or maybe my Internet is too weak. Or my Wi-Fi connection is not secure enought. Because it's unheard that I don't have access to livestream. I can perform it via RTMP in GoPro. Yes, I can livestream to YouTube from my GoPro. It's weird, right? Why I'm even trying to suggest that I have problem. There is no problem. Some guys from GoPro can stream and I can too. But I cannot do it by using GoPro app function "YouTube"! And yes, it's not enough information, because it's Rocket launch and we need maximum amount of information and years, big budget and dothens of monkeys to die before something moved on in solving this "1 click" issue.

Highlighted
GoPro

We appreciate your feedback. The team further confirms that the error message is due to the restrictions imposed by YouTube regarding the ability to live stream using apps on mobile devices (such as the GoPro App) as described here https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853834?hl=en. The team tested with the same GoPro App on two different accounts (differing only in the number of subscribers). The same error was obtained for the account with less than 1K followers/subscribers. 

If you observe otherwise, say, if still getting an error even with a thousand subscribers or followers, please let us know so we can check on it further. 

@thekevineddings . We were able to upload media to YouTube through the GoPro App. We'd like to gather more details though regarding the issue that you observed so we can help better. Will you be able to send us a screen recording of what's happening? Thanks!