Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Troubleshoot

My go pro Hero5 black wont open
GoPro

Re: Troubleshoot

Hello @dailygrace

Did you mean the camera does not power on? Try the ways to fix here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/HERO5-Black-Will-Not-Power-On

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry to hear about your grief with the overheating GoPro Hero 5 Black.

I have experienced exactly the same problem with the GoPro Hero 4 with the Hero 4 overheating within 5 minutes of turning it on, I take 1 photo (not video) the battery heats up & the camera becomes unresponsive ... can't even shut it down. I pull out the battery, put a new one in & same thing .... battery overheats, camera becomes unresponsive, repeat!

There's a mountain of complaints on this same issue with Hero 4 online. I'm yet to hear any official response from GoPro as to how to rectify the issue. You would assume that GoPro would fix this well known issue in the GoPro Hero 5. I luv the footage that you can get from a GoPro & I was considering upgrading to a Hero 5 but I won't be doing so.

I hope that you are able to find a way to get your Hero 5 Black to work on your holiday. Best of luck!  

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry to hear about your grief with the overheating GoPro Hero 5 Black.

I have experienced exactly the same problem with the GoPro Hero 4 with the Hero 4 overheating within 5 minutes of turning it on, I take 1 photo (not video) the battery heats up & the camera becomes unresponsive ... can't even shut it down. I pull out the battery, put a new one in & same thing .... battery overheats, camera becomes unresponsive, repeat!

There's a mountain of complaints on this same issue with Hero 4 online. I'm yet to hear any official response from GoPro as to how to rectify the issue. You would assume that GoPro would fix this well known issue in the GoPro Hero 5. I luv the footage that you can get from a GoPro & I was considering upgrading to a Hero 5 but I won't be doing so.

I hope that you are able to find a way to get your Hero 5 Black to work on your holiday. Best of luck! 

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry to learn about your sadness with the overheating GoPro Hero 5 Black.

I have encountered the very same issue with the GoPro Hero 4 with the Hero 4 overheating inside 5 minutes of turning it on, I take 1 photograph (not video) the battery warms up and the camera ends up inert ... can't close it down. I haul out the battery, put another one in and same thing .... battery overheats, camera ends up inert, rehash!

There's a heap of grievances on this equivalent issue with Hero 4 on the web. I'm yet to hear any official reaction from GoPro with respect to how to amend the issue. You would expect that GoPro would settle this notable issue in the GoPro Hero 5. I luv the recording that you can get from a GoPro and I was thinking about moving up to a Hero 5 however I won't do as such.

I trust that you can figure out how to get your Hero 5 Black to take a shot at your vacation. Good luck! 

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]
@graysand27031 wrote:

I'm sorry to learn about your sadness with the overheating GoPro Hero 5 Black.

I have encountered the very same issue with the GoPro Hero 4 with the Hero 4 overheating inside 5 minutes of turning it on, I take 1 photograph (not video) the battery warms up and the camera ends up inert ... can't close it down. I haul out the battery, put another one in and same thing .... battery overheats, camera ends up inert, rehash!

There's a heap of grievances on this equivalent issue with Hero 4 on the web. I'm yet to hear any official reaction from GoPro with respect to how to amend the issue. You would expect that GoPro would settle this notable issue in the GoPro Hero 5. I luv the recording that you can get from a GoPro and I was thinking about moving up to a Hero 5 however I won't do as such.

I trust that you can figure out how to get your Hero 5 Black to take a shot at your vacation. Good luck! 

First of all sorry to hear that. Can u please exactly tell up what difficulty you are facing while opening up your GoPro5 Black? We might help you out. Is it related to battery or wings?

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Good info! keep sharing it. 

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Well Really I'm sorry to learn about your sadness with the overheating GoPro Hero 5 Black.

Also, There's a heap of grievances on this equivalent issue with Hero 4 on the web. I'm yet to hear any official reaction from GoPro with respect to how to amend the issue. You would expect that GoPro would settle this notable issue in the GoPro Hero 5. I luv the recording that you can get from a GoPro and I was thinking about moving up to a Hero 5 however I won't do as such.

I trust that you can figure out how to get your Hero 5 Black to take a shot at your vacation.

Good luck!