Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Trimming Audio Problems

[ New ]

When I am using the Quik app, and I select manual trimming, once I have found a part of the clip that I want to use, the audio overlaps the next clip as well as the original clip.

For example, when I filmed a clip which included someone talking, the audio would then repeat onto the next clip and overlap with the audio from that clip too.

If anyone could help that would be great.

GoPro

Re: Trimming Audio Problems

[ New ]

Hi @redstoke180

I have just made a test edit and did not encounter any audio issues after trimming the clips.

What is the version of app?

Which trimming option did you choose? (Manual, balanced, travel etc.)

Have you tried changing the video style?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi,

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I am using the “manual” trimming mode and the overlapping audio usually occurs when I am trimming the video to my liking and then changing the audio from mix to boost for example. This I think is causing the audio to overlap when doing the transition from one clip to another. It also happens when i am using a video clip and then the audio from that clip overlaps onto a photo that I have place next in line on the timeline.

The version I am using is 5830

Many thanks,

Louis
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @redstoke180

See if uninstalling and reinstalling the app will make a difference.

For reference, these are the latest Quik for mobile app versions: 

Android v4.7.4
Release Date: 7/6/2018

iOS v4.7.2
Release Date: 7/11/2018

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi

Will this delete my current video I am editing and have has a draft?

Kind regards,

Louis
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @redstoke180

The draft will be deleted.

You may want to try a brand new edit first before uninstalling the app to see if that corrects the overlapping audio.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

3 years late but just had the same problem with quik overrunning audio into the next clip where I had used the boost audio function to give the intro naration to the edit.  I went back and edited the source clip (the one that was overplaying the audio).  Trimmed it to the exact section I wanted for my edit, saved it and dropped it in to the edit.  I removed the old clip that was overplaying and the audio worked properly then.  

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

I am able to replicate this issue. This is due to the transition, the media from before keeps playing during some parts of the transition.
It does't happen on all video styles.
For example I can replicate on Action but not on Glitch.
I'll see about raising that to the Team, it's an issue that has been around for a while, as you say I don't know to what extent the Team can fix it.
GoPro

[ New ]
Let me know on which video style you encounter this as for me it's really for ACTION and not really the other ones, maybe a little on LIGHT too.
GoPro

[ New ]

@redstoke180 @scottok 

Just wanted to let you know that - after a long time I know - we finally improved this part on ACTION video style so that audio doesn't overlapped but smoothly transitions. Sorry it took so long :) It should be coming up in the next update.

Tourist

[ New ]

Where to cut audio and select to clip for free?

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
When you are in Story mode (multi clip editing) taping on one of your media will open editing options such as the volume. There you can device to mute your video or have it play a bit with the music (Mix) or louder (boost).
Trimming a video isn't a premium feature: Choose, Manual to see your video play in full and move the left and right handles to trim.

About subscriptions:
If you own a GoPro, which is paired with the GoPro Quik app, you can make unlimited Stories but you can't be using premium tools. Here some info about subscriptions: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Free-vs-Subscription-Features/ta-p/1028709
Tourist

[ New ]

Choose from a list of completely free phone ringtones at the website: klingeltonekostenlos