Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Trim no longer working in app

I'm sorry but how can a company that offers such mind blowing technologies with each release  of next year's camera lack so insanely heavily any kind of decent editing software.

I have always preached of these cameras from my purchases of the 2 to 3. The 3 to the 4. And finally the 3 to the 6 with the karma grip as added stabilizing.

With the release of hyper smooth I'm almost tempted to add a 7 to the kit just to lose the gimbal for my dirtier and muddy days.

BUT with such crap software why bother investing any more money into a company that frauds people into there SUPER  EASY to use camera and software. How about some warnings on the box. THIS PRODUCT ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH APPLE PRODUCTS. Or YOU WILL NEED A GAMING COMPUTER AND HARVARD DEGREE TO DO ANYTHING BUT REVIEW YOUR CLIPS

Gopro portrays this image that anyone can do it. "Shoot sweet stuff. Make sweet edits!" But this isn't the case. Not at all

How about gopro stops working on the gopro 8 or 9 or 10 and focuses on some half decent software that works somewhat half decently on all PLATFORMS!

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm sorry but how can a company that offers such mind blowing technologies with each release of next year's camera lack so insanely heavily any kind of decent editing software.

I have always preached of these cameras from my purchases of the 2 to 3. The 3 to the 4. And finally the 3 to the 6 with the karma grip as added stabilizing.

With the release of hyper smooth I'm almost tempted to add a 7 to the kit just to lose the gimbal for my dirtier and muddy days.

BUT with such crap software why bother investing any more money into a company that frauds people into there SUPER EASY to use camera and software. How about some warnings on the box. THIS PRODUCT ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH APPLE PRODUCTS. Or YOU WILL NEED A GAMING COMPUTER AND HARVARD DEGREE TO DO ANYTHING BUT REVIEW YOUR CLIPS

Gopro portrays this image that anyone can do it. "Shoot sweet stuff. Make sweet edits!" But this isn't the case. Not at all

How about gopro stops working on the gopro 8 or 9 or 10 and focuses on some half decent software that works somewhat half decently on all PLATFORMS!

Disappointment is an understatement. Back to the third party apps

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be tested on tablets since that was the root cause of the problem when I highlighted it back in December on the fourms and with an inquiry to GoPro support. Seems a little silly to ask users to go thru the motions of testing the new app when GoPro has yet to do so internally.

Highlighted
Hiker

My gopro hero 7 black with same problem when I trim long video. I just update to newest android app and newest firmware , and try to clear the cache of gopro app in my Huawei mate 10 ,but still cannot trim the long video.
Highlighted
Hiker

I was fixed this problem . reinstall the app  and take off the battery to restart gopro 7 , the problem was fixed.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Trim doesn't work on my S9+ or my wife's since two updates ago for our hero 4s, not did it work on our last phones. We have tried all of the above. However GoPro is sure excited to give me popup ads in the app every time I try to use it telling me to upgrade.

Highlighted
Explorer

Most likely it's due to Samsung's crappy Video decoders. So much happier now that I've switched to LG. Why Samsung puts such poor software to support their very good cameras is beyond me.
Highlighted
Tourist

I've updated the app, tried and still not work, than came out s9 software update, I've updated the software... still nothing.
Gopro app just dont trim videos, this is the biggest reason why I'm not using Quick App anymore.
Please fix this and give me back my video life.