Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Trim no longer working in app

This worked for me 😁
Highlighted
Tourist

All good for me now. It started working when the app updated a few days ago. Thanks
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @mariustanya. Unfortunately the behaviour remains exactly the same.
Sounds if you are looking for files and folders that are present or absent, would it help to compare what is on my tablet with what is expected? If so, please tell me what I should find.
Highlighted
Hiker

I uninstalled and reinstalled the updated version of the app - Version 5.21 (7835) - on my Lenovo tablet and also cleared the cache in the app settings. I downloaded a new video to the tablet using the Quik Key. When I attempted to trim I received the options of: "Save copy to phone" or "Save copy to app gallery". Choosing either option resulted in the following message: "Let's Try That again. There was a problem preparing your video." This is on the Lenovo Tab 10 running Android 8.1.0

Highlighted
Tourist

This is starting to drive me a little nuts. I was so excited to finally access my heaps of stored video.

Same error message here and app will not let me trim or take a still shot from video footage. The app freezes while taking a still. And is unable to prepare video in the trim feature.

I just upgraded to a new tablet and was excited about how streamlined the gopro process was now paired to a tablet rather than PC.

This was all After a year of letting my gopro 6 and gimbal collect dust because my older PC  was unable to handle the quality of my newer camera. Stockpiling and storing footage is no fun if you can't do anything with it!

I've invested to much money in tech just to be even able to view clips and yet again the GOPRO app has failed miserably

Sure I can take a screenshot or use third party software to try to shorten my clips but the process is again complicated and time consuming.

Whatever happened to gopro studio or splice or any of the software that actually somewhat worked?

Huge disappointment again to hear others are having this same issue and GOPROs support is "WE WILL TAKE THIS ISSUE BACK TO OUR PROGRAMMERS"

Im rather tech savvy and I feel like i need a PHD to do anything but just watch my footage

How many updates do we need to get these bugs worked out?

Till another update comes out my camera is back on the shelf!?!?

Highlighted
Tourist

Clearing cache did not work for me still. However I had some time to troubleshoot so I started installing old versions of the gopro app on both my phone and tablet. Just a reminder I have a Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545) with Android 5.0.1, and a Galaxy Tab E 32GB (T378V) with Android 8.1.0 and Trim doesn't work with either one. So here is what I found with the old versions: 5.2.1 Trim doesn't work on either device 5.1 Trim doesn't work on either device 5.0 Trim doesn't work on either device 4.6.1 Trim doesn't work on either device 4.5.1 Trim WORKS on both 4.4.1 Trim WORKS on both Also a reminder that Trim works fine with my wife's Galaxy S7 on 5.2.1. So hopefully you can pass this on to the people working on this and they can see what the difference is between 4.5.1 and the later versions that causes the app to sit at a black screen with no preview and never reach 1% after clicking to save the trim.
Highlighted
Tourist

Well that was a nicely formatted list, let's try this instead
gopro.PNG
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @tdoyle9871 and @sdubu. and @richardd351. The current version of the GoPro App has not been officially tested on tablets. There are functions that may or may not work. 

Thank you for sharing, @kenmerritt. We will send this as feedback to the team.