Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Trim no longer working in app

I also have this problem on a new Lenovo tabled tunning Android 8.1, App 5.11. There is plenty of free storage. The error message is very generall and not a all helpful, is there anything that should be checked? Where would the app store the trimed video? Anything that would indicate what could be going wrong would be helpful.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for sharing, @richardd351. There seems to be an issue on trimming via GoPro App on some devices only. We have reported this to the team and we are still waiting for a feedback. We will keep you in the loop once we have new information. 

Highlighted
Tourist

The same issues described with video trimming and saving the clips to my phone are happening with my Samsung Galaxy Note 9. after the recent update is when the issue began and had conjured after multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of the GoPro app and reset of the Hero 5 and Hero 5 session.
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm having the exact same problem.

Using Samsung S9, GoPro Session 4.

Before the update it was working perfectly, with the same configuration.

Highlighted
Tourist

Just adding to the list. Same error. Videos 1080p 120fps

Go pro Hero 6 Black.

Google Pixel 3. Android 9

I can't save trimmed vides from GoPro Android App 5.1.1

Was working fine, on a Moto X4 Android 8.1

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. A new version of the GoPro App for Android (v5.2.1) was recently released. If you have not tried it yet, please see if the new app clears out the issued with trimming and saving. After you install the new version, or update to it, restart your device then pair it with the camera again. We'd love to hear back from you. Best regards! 

Highlighted
Explorer

LG v30 (Android) with latest app release (uninstalled and reinstalled today). Trim feature is not working. I can access trim and press the check mark, but no option to save is given. Forced to discard changes to move on from clip.
Highlighted
Tourist

I just uninstalled and then reinstalled the GoPro app and the video editing/trim feature is now working. I am able to edit and save the video clips. Thank you for correcting the issue. Galaxy Note 9