Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Trim no longer working in app

Yep. It has always worked, up until recent version, as reported by others on this thread.
Thanks for looking into it.
To recap, trim with footage on camera = won't save select trim section.
Trim with footage downloaded to phone = it saved blank 1 second file
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rockybeach86055

We have a member who confirmed that uninstalling and reinstalling the app solved the trimming issue.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/Unable-to-trim-videos-in-the-app-with-the-lates...

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and still have the same issue

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @tdoyle9871

It should be working.

I have just tested a video file and was able to trim and save the clip. This is both on an Android and an iOS device.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Attached is a screen shot of the same error message after uninstalling and re-installing the GoPro app again.

gopr.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @tdoyle9871 . Is it GoPro App version 5.1.1 that is installed on your device? Are you still having the issue only on your Lenovo device? Check and make sure that it is updated to the latest OS version as well. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes. I am running 5.1.1 for the GoPro app and Android 8 for the Lenovo tablet. The issue is on the Lenovo device. I have not had issues on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. I'd strongly prefer to use the Lenovo tablet to edit due to the larger screen size and larger internal storage space (since the GoPro app does not allow a user to save videos to an SD card)

Highlighted
GoPro

This is noted, @tdoyle9871. Well pass this along to the team. We're working on full support for Android devices and many others in the future. We will keep you in the loop for updates. Thanks!