Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Trim no longer working in app

I have tried downloading the app onto another device and still cannot videos to save trimmed. It did not get as far as an error mesaage though. I also came across some layout issues and the trim save button disappearing issue though.

On the second device there is soft android controls (back, home and app switch are on screen) the trim, snapshot and download buttons are behind these controls in portrait mode and so are unusable. Secondly if I adjust the trim so the save button appears then change orientation the save button disappears until I readjust the trim. This seems to be a layout issue that other people are having in the reviews on Google play.
Highlighted
Hiker

This is tangentially related to the topic at hand, but the GoPro Plus/GoPro cloud subscription would be endlessly more useful if user's could perform the basic trim and edit features available in the GoPro mobile app on videos stored in the cloud. The process of uploading to the cloud, then downloading to a device to edit/trim, and then back to the cloud is cumbersome and inefficient. It also has me increasingly questioning the value of the GoPro Plus subscription.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am also having this issue. My device is a LG K20V 7.0 and my video lengths were equally as short. I hav shot at varios resolutions and frame rates, bit mainly 1080p and 24fps. I can trim jist fine, but trying to save to my device I get the same error message.
Highlighted
Tourist

Same trim issue / error message for me. Android 9. Xiaomi A1
Was working fine until new android app update / pie update
Highlighted
Tourist

A bit more info to add to my previous post. Mine is gopro 5 black
I've downloaded a clip to the phone. I've tried trim in the gopro app with that local clip. Different behaviour: it says it's done , the edit/ trim and comes up with blue check mark. However the 11 second trim is not saved properly. Show up as 1 second and does not play
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the update, @rockybeach86055. I tried trimming and saving on an Android 9 and was able to do it, both before and after import. The saved clips showed the correct video length as well. Which camera are you using and which firmware version does it have? Try uninstalling then re-installing the app and let us know if it helps. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

My GoPro 5 black is on latest firmware 2.60
I've since remove latest app version and installed 4.5.2.
This is version before issue with photos from videos.
It also seems to be much faster to connect to the GoPro and access media on the unit.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rockybeach86055

Just to clarify, did the trimming option work with the older version?

We always recommend the latest version of the app, but we'll have this shared with the ream in charge.

Thanks!

Ej