Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: Trim no longer working in app

Hi @tdoyle9871

Are these chaptered videos?

To help isolate the issue further, kindly try to replicate the issue on another mobile device.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

They are not chaptered videos. They range in length from 20 seconds to 3 minutes. I have also updated the Android software on the tablet to 8.1. I have tried to shoot lower resolution and frame rate (720 & 30fps from 1080 & 60fps) without any luck

I do not have the same problem on my Galaxy 7 phone. I would strongly prefer to work of the tablet given the much larger screen and storage space.
GoPro

Hi @tdoyle9871

To isolate the issue further, would you mind shooting some test files then have it transferred via the GoPro app instead of the Quik Key.

See if the same happens.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

The same message happens when transferring without the quik key.

For furtther info - I am able to trim videos and play the trimmed video in the editing window, but when I attempt to save the trimmed video is when the error message pops up. Therefore, there is no way to save the trimmed videos.

GoPro

Thank you for the update, @tdoyle9871. It seems that the behavior is isolated to specific devices. We aim to ensure that the app works on every device but this is nearly impossible due to the nature of the OS. Android is a fragmented OS, with devices running on different specs. These inconsistencies make it difficult to ensure that the app works flawlessly on every device.

Hiker

While I appreciate that fragmentation is an issue with Android OS, I don't beleive that is the case here. Both the Galaxy phone I tested this on where it works and the Lenovo tablet where it does not work are running the same version of Android. As far as I can gather there is very little customization from either manufacturer - so it is as near to an apples to apples comparison as possible. Lenovo tablets are quite widespread; and as such, I'd recommend more digging from GoPro's technical team.

GoPro

Hi @tdoyle9871

This is noted and will be shared to the team in charge.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

If I uninstall and reinstall the gopro app. When I first start the app it has a gopro hero 3 listed which I used to own. Before uninstalling the app I had deleted this and added the hero 7 that the problem is with. These settings that aren't deleted possibly from am older version of the app might be causing related to the issue.

Pete