Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Trim no longer working in app

I have been using the trim feature in the app and when the latest update came (Adding the GPS stickers) trim no longer works.
I have a gopro hero 7 black updated to the latest firmware 1.61. Problem existed before and after updating the firmware.
I can download a clip without trimming it using the app fine.
GoPro

Re: Trim no longer working in app

Hello @sweetpeak64011

Thank you for the feedback. Which mobile phone are you using? Which version of the app do you have installed? Were you getting any error message while attempting to trim? We tested with Samsung phones and we were able to trim sample videos and save them to the phone gallery without any issue. Try uninstalling then re-installing the app and make sure that your device has ample memory space. Let us know how it works out 

Thanks, 

Marius

Tourist

Hi @mariustanya,

Thanks for the reply. I am using app version 5.1 (7716) on a Samsumg A5 2017. The message was just an error occured while trying save your video nothing specific. I have tried reinstalling the app and resetting the connection and get the same message. I have 2+gb space on both my phone internal memory and the GoPro.

Pete
Tourist

@mariustanya, the exact message I get is "There was a problem preparing your video"
GoPro

Hi @sweetpeak64011

Do you still remember what resolution/ fps used?

Were you able to test the camera with a different phone?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

I am getting the exact same message. Running 5.1 GoPro app and Android 7.1.1 on a Lenovo tablet
GoPro

Hi @tdoyle9871

I have just tested an Android phone running on 7.0 and 8.0.

Both allowed me to trim videos without any issues.

Is this happening to one recording only or to other video files as well?

Have you tried to uninstall then reinstall the app?

So we can assess the issue further, are you able to send a screen recording on whats happening when you attempt to trim the videos?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

The problem is with all of the videos that I have uploaded to my Lenovo tablet with GoPro Quik key. I uninstalled and reinstalled the GoPro app and have rebooted the tablet multiple times.

I have attached a screenshot of the error message 

20181228_103535.jpg