Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: Trim no longer working in app

[ New ]
Hi @mariustanya. Unfortunately the behaviour remains exactly the same.
Sounds if you are looking for files and folders that are present or absent, would it help to compare what is on my tablet with what is expected? If so, please tell me what I should find.
Hiker

[ New ]

I uninstalled and reinstalled the updated version of the app - Version 5.21 (7835) - on my Lenovo tablet and also cleared the cache in the app settings. I downloaded a new video to the tablet using the Quik Key. When I attempted to trim I received the options of: "Save copy to phone" or "Save copy to app gallery". Choosing either option resulted in the following message: "Let's Try That again. There was a problem preparing your video." This is on the Lenovo Tab 10 running Android 8.1.0

Tourist

[ New ]

This is starting to drive me a little nuts. I was so excited to finally access my heaps of stored video.

Same error message here and app will not let me trim or take a still shot from video footage. The app freezes while taking a still. And is unable to prepare video in the trim feature.

I just upgraded to a new tablet and was excited about how streamlined the gopro process was now paired to a tablet rather than PC.

This was all After a year of letting my gopro 6 and gimbal collect dust because my older PC  was unable to handle the quality of my newer camera. Stockpiling and storing footage is no fun if you can't do anything with it!

I've invested to much money in tech just to be even able to view clips and yet again the GOPRO app has failed miserably

Sure I can take a screenshot or use third party software to try to shorten my clips but the process is again complicated and time consuming.

Whatever happened to gopro studio or splice or any of the software that actually somewhat worked?

Huge disappointment again to hear others are having this same issue and GOPROs support is "WE WILL TAKE THIS ISSUE BACK TO OUR PROGRAMMERS"

Im rather tech savvy and I feel like i need a PHD to do anything but just watch my footage

How many updates do we need to get these bugs worked out?

Till another update comes out my camera is back on the shelf!?!?

Tourist

[ New ]
Clearing cache did not work for me still. However I had some time to troubleshoot so I started installing old versions of the gopro app on both my phone and tablet. Just a reminder I have a Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545) with Android 5.0.1, and a Galaxy Tab E 32GB (T378V) with Android 8.1.0 and Trim doesn't work with either one. So here is what I found with the old versions: 5.2.1 Trim doesn't work on either device 5.1 Trim doesn't work on either device 5.0 Trim doesn't work on either device 4.6.1 Trim doesn't work on either device 4.5.1 Trim WORKS on both 4.4.1 Trim WORKS on both Also a reminder that Trim works fine with my wife's Galaxy S7 on 5.2.1. So hopefully you can pass this on to the people working on this and they can see what the difference is between 4.5.1 and the later versions that causes the app to sit at a black screen with no preview and never reach 1% after clicking to save the trim.
Tourist

[ New ]
Well that was a nicely formatted list, let's try this instead
gopro.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @tdoyle9871 and @sdubu. and @richardd351. The current version of the GoPro App has not been officially tested on tablets. There are functions that may or may not work. 

Thank you for sharing, @kenmerritt. We will send this as feedback to the team. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm sorry but how can a company that offers such mind blowing technologies with each release  of next year's camera lack so insanely heavily any kind of decent editing software.

I have always preached of these cameras from my purchases of the 2 to 3. The 3 to the 4. And finally the 3 to the 6 with the karma grip as added stabilizing.

With the release of hyper smooth I'm almost tempted to add a 7 to the kit just to lose the gimbal for my dirtier and muddy days.

BUT with such crap software why bother investing any more money into a company that frauds people into there SUPER  EASY to use camera and software. How about some warnings on the box. THIS PRODUCT ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH APPLE PRODUCTS. Or YOU WILL NEED A GAMING COMPUTER AND HARVARD DEGREE TO DO ANYTHING BUT REVIEW YOUR CLIPS

Gopro portrays this image that anyone can do it. "Shoot sweet stuff. Make sweet edits!" But this isn't the case. Not at all

How about gopro stops working on the gopro 8 or 9 or 10 and focuses on some half decent software that works somewhat half decently on all PLATFORMS!

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm sorry but how can a company that offers such mind blowing technologies with each release of next year's camera lack so insanely heavily any kind of decent editing software.

I have always preached of these cameras from my purchases of the 2 to 3. The 3 to the 4. And finally the 3 to the 6 with the karma grip as added stabilizing.

With the release of hyper smooth I'm almost tempted to add a 7 to the kit just to lose the gimbal for my dirtier and muddy days.

BUT with such crap software why bother investing any more money into a company that frauds people into there SUPER EASY to use camera and software. How about some warnings on the box. THIS PRODUCT ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH APPLE PRODUCTS. Or YOU WILL NEED A GAMING COMPUTER AND HARVARD DEGREE TO DO ANYTHING BUT REVIEW YOUR CLIPS

Gopro portrays this image that anyone can do it. "Shoot sweet stuff. Make sweet edits!" But this isn't the case. Not at all

How about gopro stops working on the gopro 8 or 9 or 10 and focuses on some half decent software that works somewhat half decently on all PLATFORMS!

Disappointment is an understatement. Back to the third party apps

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be tested on tablets since that was the root cause of the problem when I highlighted it back in December on the fourms and with an inquiry to GoPro support. Seems a little silly to ask users to go thru the motions of testing the new app when GoPro has yet to do so internally.

Hiker

[ New ]
My gopro hero 7 black with same problem when I trim long video. I just update to newest android app and newest firmware , and try to clear the cache of gopro app in my Huawei mate 10 ,but still cannot trim the long video.
Hiker

[ New ]

I was fixed this problem . reinstall the app  and take off the battery to restart gopro 7 , the problem was fixed.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Trim doesn't work on my S9+ or my wife's since two updates ago for our hero 4s, not did it work on our last phones. We have tried all of the above. However GoPro is sure excited to give me popup ads in the app every time I try to use it telling me to upgrade.

Explorer

[ New ]
Most likely it's due to Samsung's crappy Video decoders. So much happier now that I've switched to LG. Why Samsung puts such poor software to support their very good cameras is beyond me.
Tourist

[ New ]
I've updated the app, tried and still not work, than came out s9 software update, I've updated the software... still nothing.
Gopro app just dont trim videos, this is the biggest reason why I'm not using Quick App anymore.
Please fix this and give me back my video life.
Explorer

[ New ]
GoPro is working on a new app, so hopefully that is released soon and will fix your issues. Unfortunately, Samsung isn't doing anything to help the issue. So glad I got off the Samsung band wagon.
Hiker

[ New ]

GoPro Support, I hope you are listening to the feedback you are getting from this problem. There have been a couple of updates since this thread started and still the error message users are getting is not helpful in identifying the problem. (I would guess there is an error writing the file for some reason.) Although you must know what the trim function does in terms of what files and folders should be used/created you have not managed to diagnose the difference between working and non working installations, this all looks distinctly amateur.

Personally I'd prefer to be using Windows for the apps but they have stopped working on Windows 7.

While trimming is also possible in Quik, you might be getting more than you want, like the original sound track overwritten by music, by default at least, options could be clearer.