Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Trim no longer working in app

I'm not able to trim with the new 5.2.1 app and my Hero 6 Black with latest firmware. I have a Galaxy Tab E 32GB (T378V) with Android 8.1. I have tried uninstalling, restart tablet, reinstall app, restart tablet, and sync to gopro several times and I can never get passed the part where you save the trim. I click the save button and then select save to app and it just sits at 0% forever. I've tried multiple videos from multiple sd cards and it never works. My wifes Galaxy S7 phone however works just fine every time with every video.

Something else I noticed is I'm unable to click the button to save a screen grab from the video it just sits on the screen with the spinning circles and never does anything. If I select a video and click the button to download the video to the tablet it copies for several minutes and completes just fine. I can then go in the app and see the video and it's length on the tablet, but it just shows a black screen instead of a pic of the video. Clicking on the video doesn't play anything. If I select that video again and select save to phone it copies to my tablets gallery and shows up as a black video with the correct size and length but doesn't play anything in vlc. It's like my tablet can play the lowres preview just fine, but doing anything with the hires copy of the file my tablet can't seem to read the file. If I pull the sdcard out of the gopro and put it directly in my tablet, vlc opens the same video files just fine. The videos play very choppy because my tablet has a slow processor, but that is to be expected

All of my videos are recorded at 2.7k 60fps and linear FOV with gps off. I did a factory reset to the gopro and the recorded a 20 second video. I tried doing a trim on that video and when I get to save instead of sitting at 0% forever it shows 0% but immediately says Let's try that again There was a problem preparing your video. If I copy that new short video to my tablet it this time shows a screen shot of the video instead of the black screen, but the trim still fails at 0% with the immediate error message above.

So in conclusion...

A 20 sec fresh factory reset video which is 1080p shows a picture of the video, stops at 0% with an immediate error message.

A 2.7k 60fps video 1 min long shows a black screen and sticks at 0% forever with no error message.

All videos play fine on my wifes Galaxy S7, and play when the sdcard is put directly in the tablet.

Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know that it is working for you, @jonnywhy26 . Thank you for the feedback, @danielr15 and @kenmerritt. Is this the same behavior even after restarting your phone? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes I've tried restarting everything multiple times.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the quick reply, @kenmerritt. This is noted. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I've tried 5.2.1 on Lenovo tablet running Android 8.1. I get new options to "Save copy to phone" or "Save copy to app gallery" but both throu the same error as before. The error comes up at 0% so is likely to be something to do with where the clip is being saved to. Given some people are having better luck this looks like an initialisation error. Any way of installing an older version that might get teh initialisation correct?

Highlighted
Explorer

@mariustanya 

My LG v30 phone is on Android version 8.0.0

I have deleted the app, restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, and restarted the phone (in that order) and it's still not working (trim + save).  I can Trim and add performance stickers, but just not save once done.

Highlighted
GoPro

Our team has been made aware of your feedback, @richardd351 and @danielr15. Thank you for sharing.  We observe that the issue does not happen with all phone models/device OS so we are still working with the team to further isolate cause. The information you provide helps a lot. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @danielr15 , @richardd351, @kenmerritt, @wooleyje, @martimfogaca . While already using version 5.2.1 of the GoPro App, please check if you will be able to save trimmed videos, or those with GPS performance stickers after clearing cache in App settings (only clear cache, please do not clear/delete data). We hope to hear back from you. Many thanks!