Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Trim (action, travel and people) does not work with my Hero 8

[ New ]

When I hit the action, travel and people trim options, the Quik app on iOS (iPad) tells me that it needs footage from a GoPro. It works with my Hero 5 Black, but the brand new Hero 8 files seem to have the Quik app think that it's not from a GoPro.

Anyone come across this issue?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Trim (action, travel and people) does not work with my Hero 8

[ New ]

@superstorm61431 @jasewong 

Sorry I know this is odd but since Quik App hasn't been updated in a long time it does not recognize the HERO8 as GoPro footage since this hasn't been set up in the code.

Know that since Quik App hasn't been updated in a while, an update outside of Quik App (OS update, System update) could break the app.

We've recently introduced the multi-clip-editing experience into GoPro App so you can do your edit right after importing footage from your GoPro. Note that it's also possible to use phone media.
See this article for help https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-create-a-multi-clip-edit-in-the-gopro-app 

I recommend that you give a try to GoPro App multi-clip editing functionality.

GoPro App has 2 new styles that Quik App doesn't have, as well as color correction + more speed options for slomo at media level.
Many more updates are planned to improve the global experience and add features! :)

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

That's odd. Is the HERO8 media not even showing up in the content library that you can import?

Hiker

[ New ]

Yep, same problem.  You can import the media and the balance option works but when you try one of the other options it says that you need to use GoPro media.

GoPro

[ New ]

@superstorm61431 @jasewong 

Sorry I know this is odd but since Quik App hasn't been updated in a long time it does not recognize the HERO8 as GoPro footage since this hasn't been set up in the code.

Know that since Quik App hasn't been updated in a while, an update outside of Quik App (OS update, System update) could break the app.

We've recently introduced the multi-clip-editing experience into GoPro App so you can do your edit right after importing footage from your GoPro. Note that it's also possible to use phone media.
See this article for help https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-create-a-multi-clip-edit-in-the-gopro-app 

I recommend that you give a try to GoPro App multi-clip editing functionality.

GoPro App has 2 new styles that Quik App doesn't have, as well as color correction + more speed options for slomo at media level.
Many more updates are planned to improve the global experience and add features! :)