Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Transferring Hero content to mobile without wifi

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I need to find a way to transfer videos from the Hero 8 to the phone in some other way than the bluetooth/wifi standard mode.

The wifi comennection is unaccepatbly slow, it takes hours to transfer all the data and there's no way to transfer directly from an sd to the GoPro App, hence no way then to upload to GoPro Plus cloud.

I can't believe the only way to do that is by the wifi, if it is the only way it is unbelievable...

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Transferring Hero content to mobile without wifi

Hi @jeffhawke

If you do not prefer transferring the files via Wi-Fi connection, you may want to transfer the files to your computer instead.

Open the files via Quik for desktop and set it to upload to your PLUS account.

You can then open the files on your phone via the GoPro app.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@aragon1006  ha scritto:

Hi @jeffhawke

If you do not prefer transferring the files via Wi-Fi connection, you may want to transfer the files to your computer instead.

Open the files via Quik for desktop and set it to upload to your PLUS account.

You can then open the files on your phone via the GoPro app.

Thanks!

Ej

Hi @aragon1006  ,

yes, ok, I understood that, but what if I can't have my computer with me?

Why is it so impossible for the software App developers to develop an option to transfer data from the Hero to the mobile Gopro App (phone or tablet) in a faster way than that horrible slow wifi?

Even if I transfer the sd data with a sd reader on the iPad, then it's not possible to upload it to the PLUS because the iPad Gopro App doesn't detect the camera gallery files.

Can't understand the reason all of these limitations.

Great hardware but very poor software in my opinion.

BTW.... the Hero8 too freezes like the well known Hero7 issue, I got it freezed 3 times in my first month of use...

Thanks

rb

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello!

Currently the option to transfer files to your phone from the camera is via the GoPro app.

Regarding the freezing issue, the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-Freezes-Up/ta-p/393032 should help you out.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!
Ej