Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Transfer media to mobile issues

Hi all,
Im trying to save the media from my gopro to my phone media. When the transer finish for all files, i have an option to "open in quick". When i click the button the quick make a story from those photos and i can save it too but when i go back to gopro app i see all the files are on done status but the only thing i can do ia to open in quick abd cant continue from there. The result is there is no new files under ny phone media. How i can fix it?
Btw, after 10 mins of transfering the camera get very hot and it consumes a lot of battery. Is it normal? I bought it only a week ago.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Transfer media to mobile issues

Hello! @heroicwate0410

Once the file is downloaded on the GoPro app you should be able to view/play the files.

You do not need to keep the camera connected.

When you get the prompt to open in Quik - dismiss it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @heroicwate0410

We have updated how your media is saved. Your GoPro media is now saved directly to the GoPro App. This makes it easier to manage, edit, and share your footage. You have the option to save the media to your device once the media have been imported to the app.

Check out this page for more info https://gopro.com/news/gopro-app-update-5-2

Other factors that can increase camera temperature and power consumption, and decreases camera recording time. 

• Lack of airflow around the camera
  • Using the camera with the GoPro App

See Camera Performance in Extreme Temperatures for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks @aragon1006
Although the media moves directly to the app i still need the camera open and connected to the phone in order to play with the media. I want to be able to do this offline, without dependency on the camera so i try to save the media and the issue above happened - I see all files done but the only option is to open quik, from there i can save the story but all the media not on my phone.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello! @heroicwate0410

Once the file is downloaded on the GoPro app you should be able to view/play the files.

You do not need to keep the camera connected.

When you get the prompt to open in Quik - dismiss it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej