Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Transfer Video Editing Projects (and related media) between devices

[ New ]

Hello,

I'm about to sell my old Andorid phone.

I've few unfinished GoPro App / Quick projects on this phone.

I would like to transfer projects and related media on my new Android tablet or phone.

I've tried usual backup/restore methods for Android apps but no one works.

Any help?

GoPro

Re: Transfer Video Editing Projects (and related media) between devices

[ New ]
Hi,

At the moment you can't transfer unfinished edits from one phone to the other.

You have to finish your edits on your phone and save them to your phone as the edits you are making on one phone cannot be sent to another phone - it's something we want to improve in the future.

If you have GoPro Cloud, you can find your source media in the Cloud and your Stories are sent to the Cloud once you have saved them to your phone - so the finished Stories are in your Cloud.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the Cloud but I don't wanto to share my media with GoPro, and I also have a slow metered internet connection unsuitable for that.

I have several way to move source files to my new devices but the real problem is: how to move edit projects?

I can't finish my edits in time and moreover I would like to be able to preserve my old edits for a future time.

Why backup of Quick App is not enabled? That's make very easy to move content on another device for whatever reason.

Deliberately disabling backup and refusing to provide a way top transfer projects make Quick a toy unsuitable for serious work.

GoPro

[ New ]
Sorry but at the moment this feature isn't available. We will be working on it soon but it will take some time.
So right now, there's no solution, you can't transfer a project / unfinished edit to another phone, I'm sorry.