Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Toggle preview mode during recording session

[ New ]

Is there a way to turn preview mode on/off while recording?  In other words, I want to start recording, then do a quick "spot check" periodically by turning on preview mode to make sure the recording is going OK, then turn preview mode off... all without stopping the recording.  Just trying to maximize battery life, but I want to make sure the recording is good (FOV, nothing obscuring the lens, etc.) every now and then.  As far as I can tell, I have to turn preview mode on, then start recording, but then I can't turn preview off until I stop recording.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Toggle preview mode during recording session

[ New ]

Hello @craige180. This is currently not a feature in the app. We appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Toggle preview mode during recording session

[ New ]

Hello @craige180. This is currently not a feature in the app. We appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!