Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

This garbage app still doesn't work

[ New ]
I have already made a post about this. The reply I got was useless. My camera (Hero 4 Session) WILL NOT connect to my phone. The app is convinced that there is a password on the camera, but I do not know it. I have reset the camera's wifi around 5 times and reinstalled the app just as many. When it connects to the phone, it asks for the password, which I have reset literally a minute ago ok the camera. What the heck GoPro. I honestly don't understand how you messed this up so bad. And I swear to God if you send me a link to the article of how to reset wifi again I will go and buy the new DJI camera so I'm finally free of the stupid low quality-high cost GoPro monopoly. Somebody actually help me this time. Don't just link me an article I have already seen that did nothing. Your stuff has a problem, you need to fix it.
GoPro

Re: This garbage app still doesn't work

[ New ]

Hi @royalwave81725

If the Wi-Fi reset does not work, a manual update is be the next step.

Please refer to https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero_session

Once the update is done, try pairing the camera again.

What phone are you using? Do you have the GoPro app up to date?

You may also test this with another phone to help isolate where the trouble may be.

I have just paired a HERO4 Session to an iPhone8 and a Samsung S8 and it pairs just fine.

Thanks!

Ej

Explorer

[ New ]
Same with me. I had forgotten the password so I held down the rear mode/power button until the reset appeared. I made sure all instances of the camera were removed from the app and my phone's (LG v30) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I then put the camera into pairing mode (Add new Device>App) and selected the (+) on the mobile app. Connected without issues. Tested on my wifes iPhone 6s Plus and my son's Galaxy S7, no issues.
Explorer

[ New ]
BTW, if you have reset the Wi-Fi, when you go to connect to the app the camera will display a new PIN. Enter the PIN displayed on your camera status screen, then tap "Pair." There will not be a password until you create one.

Are you holding down the rear Info/Wi-Fi button on the camera for 8-10 seconds and getting the Reset Option? Are you getting the PIN displayed? If not, you may need to do a manual update, but more likely you are missing a step or not doing it correctly.