Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

This app is incompatible with your device. (Android 7.1.2 / Xiaomi Redmi 4A)

There have been similar topics already but just to emphasize this problem. Just unboxed my Hero8, went to Google Play to download the GoPro app but there's no way to install it – apparently my device is incompatible even though it meets the Android version requirement (7+). Why? Should I just accept it?

2020-01-11 18_00_22-GoPro - Apps on Google Play.png
GoPro

Re: This app is incompatible with your device. (Android 7.1.2 / Xiaomi Redmi 4A)

Hi @kaitr04,

Asside from the Android version, GoPro App also checks the hardware.

Please visit that website for more information.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Mobile-Apps-Compatibility

Feature Compatibility

• Some video styles may not be compatible with low-performance devices.
  • HD export may not be compatible with low-performance devices.
  • Importing high-resolution video formats (including GoPro videos) may not be compatible with low-performance devices.

You may also contact GoPro customer support so that they could check and gather more details. 

Regards,

-Jay

Tourist

Re: This app is incompatible with your device. (Android 7.1.2 / Xiaomi Redmi 4A)

Hi @graytree76514,

thanks for the quick reply!

The part you copied/quoted is from the Quik (not the main app) section. Also – my understanding of that part is that some features may not work but installing the app should be possible nonetheless.

GoPro

They have the same system requirement @kaitr04

I would suggest to contact GoPro customer support for further assistance. 

-Jay

GoPro

Maybe check out this article https://support.getupside.com/hc/en-us/articles/226667067--Device-not-compatible-error-message-in-Go it seems like this happens with other apps.

To fix the “your device is not compatible with this version” error message, try clearing the Google Play Store cache, and then data. Next, restart the Google Play Store and try installing the app again. 

Pull down the notification bar on your Android device and hit the gear-shaped settings icon, or find “settings” in the application tray. From here navigate to Apps, or App Manager. Then scroll down and find Google Play Store. Select this, and tap Clear Cache or Data as shown below.

Tourist

Hi @haindash,

tried it already, didn't work unfortunately.

GoPro

@kaitr04 I'm sorry about that :( that was something to try. I've let the Team know, we will investigate.

Sorry for your trouble.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

No worries, thanks for passing it on.

More information about compatibility issues would be welcome, at least. At the moment, reading this forum, it seems like a lottery.