Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

The latest version of the gopro editing sucks😤

[ New ]
How can i get the older gopro version
GoPro

Re: The latest version of the gopro editing sucks😤

[ New ]
Sorry about that, know that Mural will be evolving and more cool features will be added. It's only a first step, we have to start somewhere.
I guess if you're on android you can find an APK somewhere in the internet. On iOS I'm not sure though.
Tourist

[ New ]
Just got the gopro hero 9 black. Got latest software for Android. It's a complete disaster. Connectivity is unstable. It's a battery killer. Buggy as hell. Epic tags disappear, highlights disappear, duplicate saves everywhere. Projects, murals, events, clips, edits, are completely nonsensical. Every tiny edit takes minutes to process and save. This app is a completely perfect dumpster fire. It should never have been released. Hours of time wasted. Please go back to the drawing board and make good software, it makes all the difference for customer experience.

The music choices are good, need more of them though. Style options are ok, but take too long to apply. Auto choices from clips are random or worse, the algo makes no sense. Manual doesn't actually give enough control. Highlights *should work for short projects, but they don't persist!
GoPro

[ New ]
@noblelight86224

Sorry for the frustration. We will be pushing improvements to the new UI as we go, expect regular updates coming up.
More music, more styles, improved UI, better performance are on the list.
Tourist

[ New ]

The app is a joke you guys. I literally can't get highlights where I want them. It does not show the whole length of the highlight, and we should be able to manually stretch highlights. They don't work, overlapping them is a mess. Same with trying to add slomo to a highlight. It is a waste of time trying to create a video where I can't capture my best moments due to the terrible app. No manual cutting/trimming/patching under manual edit? Only the option to select one portion of a video? I mean the highlight feature not working at all is a total bust. I am pretty upset I spent over an hour just trying to create a video to show my highlights properly but the app decides everything and fails. It is a very bad user experience.

**Also, what's up with the random effects being added without my consent. I don't want my video splitting off in two screens during a jump. Let us decide where the effects go on our videos......

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @catman710

We are continuously working on improving the experience of our users.
We'll have this shared with the team in charge.

You should still be able to manually adjust the highlights on your edits.

On the Timeline, select the clip then tap on the pencil icon.

Select HiLight and make the necessary adjustments.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @catman710
We have plans to improve the HighLights and Trim features. Giving more controls on these features. It's a big work so it won't be just for now but it's on the roadmap.

There's currently a bug though in the HiLights screen where sometimes after some back and forth working with HiLights, they will move and change places. Is this what you've experienced?

About the random effects, those are set up with the video style. You can change it and go for example for a less-effect one like Grammy or Raw or Epic, no line there. At start the tool has to select one though, but you can change it.
Sightseer

[ New ]
This thing is absolute garbage. The app sucks, constantly losing connectivity with unit. Glitchy as hell. Do not buy the hero 9. I cannot overstate what a piece of trash this unit is.