Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

The items in your quik story are no longer available

I used GoPro Studio for android to create a quik story. I needed to temporally remove the video files from my phone due to space constraints. I have since loaded them back again directly from my camera, but my quik story won't open. Quik states "the items in your quik story are no longer available" and wants me to delete the story. I already have completed a lot of editing and just need to export the video. I really don't want to try and edit the video again from scratch, is there any way to get the quik story to recognize the files do exist? I would assume there is some sort of metadata file for the quik story that points to the video files. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: The items in your quik story are no longer available

Hi @royalhero78864

Are you using Quik for mobile or the GoPro app to edit?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi EJ,

I'm using the GoPro app on my android Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @royalhero78864

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS. Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @royalhero78864 

"I needed to temporally remove the video files from my phone due to space constraints. I have since loaded them back again directly from my camera, but my quik story won't open"
> so basically you had a project, you deleted the source files and imported them again. Sadly the deleting of the file broke the link between the edit and the files so even if you've imported them again later, the initial link is broken and the project won't be able to work anymore. Sorry about that.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Haindash,

Thank you for the information. I would have thought the link between the project and the files would have been the filepath/filename. From your response it sounds as if everytime I import a file it creates a new unique id? If this is the case, is this ID stored in a editable file where I could recreate the the link between the project and the source files?
Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you EJ, I checked and I have the version relased/installed on 10/19/2019. Reading the release notes it does not appear to address the issue I had. Mostly enhancements to 360. Let me know if there are other enhancements I missed.
Highlighted
GoPro

I'm sorry but the technical aspects of the app are not exposed to users so there's nothing that you can do here with project ID / file ID.

Sorry :(