Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

The app on my phone continually says "Searching for new GoPro footage"

The camera is off, the battery is out of it . . . and yet my camera constantly gives the above message. Is there no way to turn off the app when not using it? Having it constantly search for the camera really drains the battery of the phone.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: The app on my phone continually says "Searching for new GoPro footage"

[ Edited ]

So offload and upload are confusing for most people (even me). 

Offload means getting media off your camera.  Auto offload is very aggressive and polls your camera over bluetooth constantly looking for new media on your camera to "offload" it to the app tab.

Auto offload should only be on if you want the app to always be searching for new media on your camera. 

Upload means uploading your media from the app/camera to the GoPro Plus cloud.  Mobile upload should always be ON if you want the app to always upload media in the GoPro app tab to the cloud. This means that we will tell you when you have new media and you can decide when you want the app to offload it to the app so it can be uploaded.

I hope this make sense.  If you have any questions please let me know!

Thanks,

Jason

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tourist

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Try restarying your phone.  If it still persists then you can always force quit the app.  You should only see that message when looking at the home screen of the app.  If you see it with the app killed then the OS must be stuck showing that system notification.  Usually a phone restart resets the OS and clears the notification.

Hope it helps,

Jason

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the quick reply, Jason, but that doesn't work (just tried it). I know I can force close the app, but it doesn't seem like a very good way to do it each time I open the app.

Highlighted
GoPro

You are right you should not have to force quit the app.  We actually have this issue on our radar and will investigate to see why it's happening.  For some reason the OS is holding on to that notification when it shouldn't.  I only see it on certain phones.  We hope to have a resolution for this issue soon.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Highlighted
GoPro

How many cameras do you have paired with the app?  When I have encountered this issue I had multiple cameras paired.

Thanks,

Jason

Highlighted
Tourist

I only have one camera paired up the phone. It's a brand-new Max, and if it helps a brand-new Samsung S20 Ultra.
Highlighted
Tourist

Any luck? Even when I force quit the app, it later comes up and starts again (I don't know how out can start itself when it's off).
Highlighted
GoPro

Oh...that's interesting.  Do you have auto offload turned ON?  Open the GoPro app and go to Settings>Preferences>Auto offload.