Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

The Question is Simple: Will Protune in the App be coming back and if so, when?

[ New ]

I could rant on and on about this, but at the end of the day, I just need to know if Protune in the App will be coming back and if so, when?

Simple, and yet no one can/will answer.

Oh and for BONUS points, I dare you to answer why it was taken away.

GoPro

Re: The Question is Simple: Will Protune in the App be coming back and if so, when?

[ New ]

Hi @toughwave71650

The ability to change Protune settings and the camera beep volume are no longer on the GoPro app.
Check out https://gopro.com/en/us/news/gopro-app-protune-feature-updates for reference.

We are also continuing to develop new features and ways of accessing existing camera settings to be most useful to GoPro users.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: The Question is Simple: Will Protune in the App be coming back and if so, when?

[ New ]

@aragon1006 Would you please just answer the question....Will Protune in the App be coming back? We all want to know this. It's a yes or no answer.

Tourist

[ New ]

This is the same "canned" response you can find all over this board and would you PLEASE quit lying and acting like you did this to make an improvment. It just makes this situation sadder. i have contacted support and my transcript is below:

Edna (1/27/2021, 5:19:40 PM): Thank you for contacting GoPro! My name is Edna, how can I help you today?
Me (1/27/2021, 5:20:07 PM): I have 2 Hero 9 Black's to support my core business, but I am now 100% dead in the water with the removal of ProTune to the app. The 3 workarounds will not work for me. I just need to know will ProTune be coming back?
Edna (1/27/2021, 5:21:41 PM): Hello Robbie, thanks for chatting in.
Edna (1/27/2021, 5:22:11 PM): I am sorry to hear about that, checking to see if I can get an update about it.
Me (1/27/2021, 5:24:09 PM): Thank you... I appreciate you looking into it. As I stated, there are workarounds listed on your site, but none of them will work for my current production situation.
Edna (1/27/2021, 5:26:19 PM): You are very much welcome, Robbie.
Edna (1/27/2021, 5:27:07 PM): Thanks for waiting, per checking, you need to use The Remote to make it work. Please check this link for more info. https://gopro.com/en/us/news/gopro-app-protune-feature-updates
Edna (1/27/2021, 5:27:24 PM): There is no update as of yet aside from using a remote.
Me (1/27/2021, 5:31:06 PM): That was the page that I was looking that that won't work. It is my understanding that the remote will NOT control the ProTune, but will go through presets. This will not work for me.
Edna (1/27/2021, 5:32:08 PM): I am sorry if that will not work for you but, there is no update as of the moment. We will continue to update if there is any changes about the Pro Tune.
Me (1/27/2021, 5:32:59 PM): This was removed without warning and without a proper workaround. I know that you are just here to help and support, but is there somewhere else I can raise this concern to? I know the web is blowing up about this, but in the meantime, I am stuck.
Edna (1/27/2021, 5:34:21 PM): Now that I am aware of the situation, I will definitely reach out the team raise this concern. We will keep you updated via email as soon as we hear back. You can also send your feedback or concern to this link so they can check https://gopro.com/en/us/feedback
Me (1/27/2021, 5:37:12 PM): I will try and fill out that form and hopefully I can get some answers to the future state. I just bought two Hero 9's with the understanding that they had ProTune.... and they did, until POOF!
Me (1/27/2021, 5:37:22 PM): Thank you for the information.
Edna (1/27/2021, 5:37:54 PM): I personally apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, Robbie. If I were in your position, I think I’d feel just as you do. There still ProTune on the camera itself but not on the App.
Edna (1/27/2021, 5:38:17 PM): You are very much welcome, Robbie. We will keep you posted if there is any changes.
Me (1/27/2021, 5:39:27 PM): I am aware... but the nature of my work is time laps in situations where the camera cannot be disturbed once set, but sometimes I have to pause and adjust settings throughout the process. Thank you again for your time.

I own 5 GoPros. They support my buiness. My 2 Sessions are now TOTALLY dead with this removal. 

Can you please give me any other information other than at canned response that points to a page that does me absolutly no good?

Hiker

[ New ]
Please immediately revert the change and re publish the last working version. If you want to publish an "improved" version without protune, offer it as a separate app. Like "GoPro Basic".