Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Telemetry is not working hero 8 (new gopro business?)

[ New ]

Hi, i'm not able to show any telemetry information with GoPro hero 8. 
quick on my phone is not working, i also tried quick on my laptop without success.

i found a guy that has the software but i have to pay 50... and this is something I've already paid on my GoPro.

please i need help from GoPro to solve it. Come on, another guy could solve it and all the team in GoPro are still working? \

or is another kind of business model gopro?

Thanks,

GoPro

Re: Telemetry is not working hero 8 (new gopro business?)

[ New ]

Hi @nestorp

Sorry for any trouble caused. There is an issue with GPS overlay using Quik for desktop.

You may try using a third-party desktop application. Ex. Dashware or Racerender

Or you can continue to use the GoPro App for mobile.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Make sure to use GoPro App and not Quik App - just to be sure.

If you can't display stickers that require GPS data in GoPro App it may be because the footage doesn't have data that are precise enough. Sometimes the GPS is locked then signal is lost and back on again, when this happens the data isn't reliable enough to use it in the stickers.
Check GPS signal on the camera make sure it's locked/activated (GPS pin icon is white not grey) before filming.
So first turn camera on (so no Quick Capture) and wait a bit for signal to be ok (at least a minute or so) and then start shooting. GPS will work best when outdoor.
Tourist

[ New ]
GoPro App for mobile is not working neither. it shows "XX No Data"
but, when i tried to check if the video has telemtry information with external app, this video has telemtry information. So quick mobile and quick at computer both are not working
Tourist

[ New ]
i tried to check if the video has telemetry information with an external app, this video has telemetry information. So quick mobile and quick at computer both are not working.

How i could add telemetry information with Gopro App? gopro app only allow me to see media and control camera, not editing videos.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @nestorp. The GoPro App also allows editing videos. Make sure that the video is saved in the app. Once saved, launch the video and tap on the pencil icon, then tap on the icon labeled stickers. 

Tourist

[ New ]

yes, i did it but is not showing any telemetry information. also in the ios app, i have not stickers section. 

but the point is, works with third party software, so the camera is recording everything ok, gopro apps are not working.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

If you want you can share with us the orginal file so we can test on our end and see how the GPS data are.
Usually if GoPro App can't display the GPS stickers it's because the available data isn't reliable enough.