Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Telemetry Stickers on go pro app

Hello...
I'm recording with go pro hero 6 (GPS always on). And using go pro app (v 5.1.1) for android on samsung note 8. Well, the problem is that sometimes I can apply the telemetry stickers on my downloaded videos and sometimes I can't. As an example yesterday and the day before yesterday I was skiing and when I tried to apply the telemetry stickers on my videos there was no GPS data on my videos. But one week ago when I was skiing in the same places my videos had GPS data. Note that the recording time it was just sunny.
Best regards

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Telemetry Stickers on go pro app

It can actually take a few moments to get a GPS lock on your camera, if you start recording before the GPS locks the camera will not store GPS information.......kinda...  

What I've found is that with the shooting settings I use, my clips are divided into about 7 minute segments.  If I start recording (lets say for 21 minutes) without a GPS lock, segment 1 will not have any GPS data.  However segments 2 & 3 will providing the GPS locks shortly after starting to record. 

All in all, it's best to power on your camera and wait for the GPS lock before you start recording.  .  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Telemetry Stickers on go pro app

It can actually take a few moments to get a GPS lock on your camera, if you start recording before the GPS locks the camera will not store GPS information.......kinda...  

What I've found is that with the shooting settings I use, my clips are divided into about 7 minute segments.  If I start recording (lets say for 21 minutes) without a GPS lock, segment 1 will not have any GPS data.  However segments 2 & 3 will providing the GPS locks shortly after starting to record. 

All in all, it's best to power on your camera and wait for the GPS lock before you start recording.  .