03-08-2019 08:33 AM
I am a hobbyist livestreamer and product engineer.
I hate the procedure to start a GoPro 7 Black's Go Live session. Currently I need to toggle my phone's wifi to a hotspot and back to setup a live stream. This results in Go Pro App instability and the need to restart both the camera and the app. On one occasion I reached a state that required a factory reset to get my stream working.
There should be a camera mode dedicated to this function.
UX should be:
1. setup "go live"
2. before the end of the setup wizard present a toggle to "save these settings to your camera's Go Live Mode settings" (toggle, right below the "record HQ copy" option)
3. at this point ALL settings configured IN THIS wizard are part of the Go Live preferences - this excludes video angle & prores, microphone, and other preferences, but includes wifi connection, stream key, and recording a HQ copy.
4. continue or cancel the starting live session
After configuring the Go Live Mode settings:
1. user toggles to the Go Live Mode (current modes: video, timelapse, photo; NEW mode: Go Live)
2. an on-screen indicator indicates the wifi connection status
3. user depresses the shutter/record button to begin the stream (and optionally recording HQ copy)
4. I suggest a 3-second countdown to begin the stream
Suggestion for all Go Live broadcasts:
1. the gopro's display should indicate the bitrate of the upload. Optionally this could be indicated as a signal bar where red/zero bars: server responded with an error, 1-2 bars: low / degraded bit-rate, full bars: best available bitrate (3mbps?).
Solved! Go to Solution.