Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Stickers on Hero8 and GoPro app (latest version)

[ New ]

I've recently purchased a Hero8 mainly for use on car and bike track days.  Before I took the plunge I borrowed a Hero7 from a friend as was really impressed with the functionality and features that the stickers gave to my videos.

it looks however that in the time between me borrowing my friends Hero7 and mine arriving there have been some major updates to the app.

in the previous version of the app I had used the stickers could be dragged around the screen and re-sized it seems that now you can only place the stickers in the corners and repeating pressing the sticker button only allows for the sticker to be place in one of the four corners of the screen.  Am I missing something?  This certainly seems like a backward step!

My other annoyance is that the speedo sticker and the speed tracker is in KPH, I would like it to be in MPH, I can't seem to find any way of changing this, where are the regional settings, on the app or the camera?  Surely the stickers only use the embedded GPS in the video to give the displays so it must be in the app somewhere?

i be attached a screen shot of the Hero8 setup I seem to be stuck with now.  I'll add the Hero7 screenshot in another post.

Any help would be appreciated!

507E0629-62B8-4460-9679-6F38A64F02C9.png
Tourist

Re: Stickers on Hero8 and GoPro app (latest version)

[ New ]

This is the Hero7 video :

F72958B2-1D38-4C75-A31A-6FDCDA33114D.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertlight41626

Our team has been made aware of the GPS sticker changes.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Depending on your region/country you will see x/kmph or x/mph. You can check/change the unit on your device:

• IOS: 'Settings / General / Language & Region / Region Formats'.
  • ANDROID: change the language of your phone

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @alertlight41626

Thanks for your response!

Can you point me to the location on the website where I would find such information?  The stickers user guide still refers to the old app functionality. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-view-gauges-in-the-gopro-mobile-app

@aragon1006 wrote:

Depending on your region/country you will see x/kmph or x/mph. You can check/change the unit on your device:

Thanks!
Ej

I have just tried this by changing the locale to English (US) and it has changed the speedo sticker to MPH, however, all my regional settings are set to the US, as I live in the UK, I'd like to keep my date, currency and everything else in my local formats!  

Are you seriously suggesting that I change global settings on my device to achieve the functionality I require?

In the UK we have always used MPH!!

Can anyone else here see if they are having the same problem?  Is there a way I can roll back the app to the previous 'un-improved' version?

Sightseer

[ New ]

@alertlight41626 wrote:

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @myprepaidcenter

Thanks for your response!

Can you point me to the location on the website where I would find such information?  The stickers user guide still refers to the old app functionality. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-view-gauges-in-the-gopro-mobile-app 

@aragon1006 wrote:

Thanks!
Ej

I have just tried this by changing the locale to English (US) and it has changed the speedo sticker to MPH, however, all my regional settings are set to the US, as I live in the UK, I'd like to keep my date, currency and everything else in my local formats!  

Are you seriously suggesting that I change global settings on my device to achieve the functionality I require?

In the UK we have always used MPH!!

Can anyone else here see if they are having the same problem?  Is there a way I can roll back the app to the previous 'un-improved' version?

in the previous version of the app I had used the stickers could be dragged around the screen and re-sized it seems that now you can only place the stickers in the corners and repeating pressing the sticker button only allows for the sticker to be place in one of the four corners of the screen.  Am I missing something?  This certainly seems like a backward step!

GoPro

[ New ]

@activetree2858 @alertlight41626 

Sorry for the frustration :(

First problem - stickers will be movable, sizeable later. We did a big engine change which remove this possibility for now but it will be implemented again. Tap several times on the sticker to make it move from one corner to the other - it's a transition solution.

Second problem - there's a bug written up for that, it will be fixed in a following update - should be 6.3.
If you want access to a beta let me know (the current beta being tested is 6.2.2 on iOS / 6.2.1 on Android so this fix isn't there yet but will later)

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash wrote:

First problem - stickers will be movable, sizeable later. We did a big engine change which remove this possibility for now but it will be implemented again. Tap several times on the sticker to make it move from one corner to the other - it's a transition solution.

Thanks for that!  Thought I was going mad!  I look forward to the update, any idea of timescale?

@haindash wrote:

Second problem - there's a bug written up for that, it will be fixed in a following update - should be 6.3.
If you want access to a beta let me know (the current beta being tested is 6.2.2 on iOS / 6.2.1 on Android so this fix isn't there yet but will later)

I'd be interested in Beta testing if that's an option?

Nomad

[ New ]

Good to know.

If you're interested in other ways to create telemetry overlasy, check here: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free/