Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Sort order in Quik app after import

Thanks @haindash, I appreciate you looking into thi.

Is there a way this can be fixed outside of using Quik though?  The specific issue is when I download from the GoPro app to my iPhone camera roll/photos.

Highlighted
GoPro

The GoPro App team is working on a fix that will take into account capture date instead of import date. This should help.

Fix is planned for version 4.5.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have exactly the same issue. Very frustrating using Quick for creating a mobie. I am using Quick on an Android tablet and have an external harddisk connected were I store all my footage. Since Quick is not able to find/read the ext hdd I select all the files i  a file manager and with "share with quick" I bring them over to quick. All the mobies then are places exactly thewrong (reversed) order. Since moving clips one by one is quite a challenge it isn't workable or fun to create a movie at all.... seems that no ione within gopro ever used or tested it. When is the update for android expected?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi,

The fix that will be shipped in 4.5 concerns the link between your Gopro, the GoPro App and Quik App. When downloading the footage in GoPro App and then taping on the Quik button, it would send files in reverse chronological order, this will be fixed.

However the issue you describe is different, since you're not using the usual process, I would suggest that you save your footage in your phone gallery. Quik supports the Quik Key but don't support ext hdd hence the path you are using is not guaranteed to work. Sorry.

Highlighted
Hiker

I have 4.6 and it wasn't fixed.  Still does the same thing... puts the clips in backwards and there's no way to change the order.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @greenbeach11853

Thank you for the feedback. We will definitely pass this along to the team. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
GoPro

@greenbeach11853

Can you please give me the exact steps because I tested both of the following scenari and it's working fine. This bug has been fixed in GoPro App 4.5

Scenario 1

1. Shoot photos or videos with Hero 5 or Hero 6
  2. Open the GoPro app, connect the camera, open the camera browser (media gallery)
  3. Select several media and download them
  4. When downloading is complete, tap the blue "Open in Quik" button at the bottom of the screen
  5. Check the story order in Quik App: the most recent media are displayed first in the project

Scenario 2

1. Shoot photos or videos with Hero 5 or Hero 6
  2. Open the GoPro app, connect the camera, open the camera browser (media gallery)
  3. Select several media and tap the Quik button in the button left corner
  4. When downloading is complete, close the download window
  5. Check the story order in Quik App: the most recent media are displayed first in the project

Please let me know :) Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

I did scenario 1