Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Some max videos do not upload to the cloud and some do automatically / 8:02 segments video for long

[ New ]

New max user about 3 weeks. I have footage on the quick app 10 videos from friday 5 uploaded to gopro cloud storage and 5 did not.

They were long recordings and I think the gopro saved after 8:02 as I have 5 videos in that length.

Is it possible that they look like the same video to the app or to the cloud?

Should I attempt to manually upload them or would that replace those videos?

I did a full sd card backup just in case but would love to figure this out b4 moving forward.

Thanks

GoPro

Re: Some max videos do not upload to the cloud and some do automatically / 8:02 segments video fo...

[ New ]

Hello, @michaeld8426. The videos getting split at 8:02 are automatically done and can not be adjusted. There is information at GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information that you may refer to. 

These files can be uploaded to the cloud as a single file when the upload is done with the camera as a Hub. There are instructions at Auto upload your footage to the cloud to guide you. If you opt for this, make sure that there are no duplicate uploads such as using other methods or devices. These duplicates can cause interference in the upload process. 

You can manage media uploads by going to this page

Tourist

Re: Some max videos do not upload to the cloud and some do automatically / 8:02 segments video fo...

[ New ]

Thanks for the response. not sure what changed but the videos are slowly showing up in the cloud on a laptop using chrome. They do not show up as uploaded in the quick app and it is a bit confusing as to why. I restarted the app and thats when they showed up hourglasssing in chrome as if they are being uploaded. at least they are going up now. 

I did find the segmenting info  thanks